The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Recommend me a lush, warm, organic sounding reverb pedal
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
TC Electronic Hall Of Fame 2. Great sound, good value.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
Tried both Blue and Big Sky on a store. I found both pedals compressed the sound, and I didn't like that

Instead, the MXR M300 was more dynamic, and I liked it better

Also, I found that the Strymon pedals sounded rather cold. Digital. Bright.

Ended up buying the MXR M300 for less money, and better results
Cool. I'm comparing to Helix and Kemper (pre 6.0) and loved the BlueSky, so I got it, but I'll give it to ya, I didn't really put it up against anything else. I liked the almost multi fx vibes of the BigSky and Timeline pedals. Think it was a mistake to not get an RV- and DD-500 for their dual effects, but I haven't extensively demoed how they actually sound. I like how they "work" however, I skimmed through the manuals.

What I really want is a PCM81. And after another decade of saving, an Eventide Eclipse.

Besides, I don't gig and I'm really ****ty with the guitar so it doesn't really matter anyway, I've got high end gear but I'm a guitar noob, so I decided I need to get alot better before I spend more money on gear. I will get a PCM asap though :D

Have you tried the Hall of Fame?

Edit: right, you even said you settled on a pedal in the response I quoted. Excuse me. I'm on vacation and sipping aquavit. But you should check out Hall of Fame just for fun some time.
Old 2 weeks ago
Definitely listen to different demos online. Words like organic, warm, lush have a lot of different meanings, depending on the point of view of the player.

I like to get most of my tone from my guitar, compressors, modulation, etc. but not the reverb as much. I found that the EHX and Strymon verbs added color, in very different ways, that I wasn't after.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search