The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Delay pedals with 100% wet setting?
Old 24th April 2019
Delay pedals with 100% wet setting?

I have been playing with some of my delay pedals, using them as buss sends on various recorded material or for reamping, and it seems that almost none of the guitar pedals I own or have tried have a 100% wet setting - the source sound comes through on the first note. The only one I have come across so far is the danelectro reel echo.

I can understand why having the source sound would be useful in a guitar setup, but can anyone recommend any delay pedals that do have a 100% wet option?

(Of course I am aware of plugins and rackmount processors that can do this, but I'm asking about pedals.)
Old 24th April 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Eventide H9
Old 24th April 2019
Lives for gear

all the new digital TC pedals like the Flashback delay etc have a wet only dip switch you can set inside of them. I think the mini pedals you need to download/flash wet only profiles.

MC
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Addict
The Boss DD7 has two outputs that can be configured in several ways, one of which is dry / wet. Also in the DD3, if a plug is connected to the Direct Out, the normal output outputs just the wet signal.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Head
Try TC Flashback, Eventide TimeFactor, Strymon Timeline for instance. And there‘s an easy mod for the MXR Carbon Copy to make it full wet, I found online somewhere. All you need is a soldering iron and a few minutes time. Apparently some pedals can be tweaked and modified, if you fancy a bit of soldering and don‘t mind some diy.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Addict

The analog Vapor Trail has a 100% wet out insert jack so you can affect the echos only and send them back into the pedal.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Nut

Empress Echosystem
Old 25th April 2019
Thanks everyone for responses and suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airzwei View Post
Try TC Flashback, Eventide TimeFactor, Strymon Timeline for instance. And there‘s an easy mod for the MXR Carbon Copy to make it full wet, I found online somewhere. All you need is a soldering iron and a few minutes time. Apparently some pedals can be tweaked and modified, if you fancy a bit of soldering and don‘t mind some diy.
I don't mind the diy, but also wouldn't want to negatively affect a pedal's function in a guitar pedalboard.

I probably should have mentioned a preference in this scenario for analogy delays.
Old 25th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobiedood View Post
The analog Vapor Trail has a 100% wet out insert jack so you can affect the echos only and send them back into the pedal.
This looks great.
Old 29th April 2019
Lives for gear

The Electro-Harmonix Memory series (Man, Boy, Toy, etc.), and of course the Behringer copy, Vintage Time Machine.

Also the Behringer VD400, but you have to plug a dummy plug into the dry out, or else it'll output a dry/wet mix from the main out. It's just a Boss DM-3 copy.

And the Hotone Tape Eko, but not the regular Eko.
Old 30th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiatr_fiend View Post
And the Hotone Tape Eko, but not the regular Eko.
Cheers for that. I'm a fan of the hotone stuff. Will check it out.
Old 17th September 2019
Just had a chance to use the hotone tape eko that I got off Ebay recently. I love this thing.

Thanks for again for all the recommendations.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search