The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How many pedals have you been able to tempo sync successfully? My dilemma... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

How many pedals have you been able to tempo sync successfully? My dilemma...

Hey, folks, got a dilemma/question for y'all. What's the most amount of pedals you've been able to tempo sync successfully, and how did you do it? Here's my situation...

I have 3 Meris pedals. I was keeping them in sync pretty easily, with a tap temp hoBoked up to my DAD qConnect. However, I also want to sync my tap tempo-modified El Capistan (which I'm still waiting to get back from the mod), as well as my eventide H9 (and two other pedals behind it, which take midi clock over 5-pin from the H9.

Now, here's where it starts to suck. I just bought a DS Engineering Drill Instructor multi-tap pedal. I sent one to the qConnect to send to the Meris pedals, one to the H9 (which sends it into midi clock out of the out port, with no problems - the pedals after it sync to it), and when it gets back, I'll send one to the El Cap. So, I did my preliminary testing last night, and the results were not good. The tap tempo that's going to the H9 is from 2 to 5 bpm different than the Meris pedals - I can tell, because I see the BPM on the H9, and can also see it on my Meris Enzo editor, which I ran after I had this result. I'm wondering if the lag is caused by latency in the qConnect, I just don't know. I'm thinking of sending the Drill Instructor back, and getting a DAD Smart Clock, which costs twice as much, but will send out 5-pin midi as well as 1/4 inch, so I'm hoping that maybe the H9 would get a more accurate reading. I'm waiting to hear back from DAD on this, but I'm curious, is this a lost cause? Anyone had any bit of luck with this? Thanks.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Is there a guitar in there anywhere?
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioforce View Post
Is there a guitar in there anywhere?
Sometimes, but mostly a 6 string bass. Doing soundscapes and textural stuff.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordradish View Post
Sometimes, but mostly a 6 string bass. Doing soundscapes and textural stuff.
Oh, I see. Well that's a lot of stuff to try to tempo sync, and I'm not really familiar with some of it.

I will give the same suggestion that I gave someone else recently, and that is to call Bob Bradshaw [Custom Audio Electronics], and ask him if he can help you sort things out.

Welcome to CAE Online

Hope this helps.

Best,

audioforce
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Thanks!
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordradish View Post
Thanks!
You are welcome. I hope you get it sorted.

Best,

audioforce
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search