The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2x12 tube amp for loud rock? Must take pedals well.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTone View Post
No offense to anyone that plays a Hot Rod Deluxe but I've played it and there's something missing for me. It's just not a great Fender amp to my ears. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are 100,00 Hot Rods out there sounding great in bands.

I have to get back to the Twin conversion idea. The Twin is one of the best clean amps of all time and when it's totally dimed it's also one of the best of all time.

The whole point here is to cut down on weight. A Twin conversion meets the requirements of the OP. It would be a great solution with the added benefit of hauling around individual pieces of gear with less weight.
I agree maybe the best sounding amp of all time.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

While i can't see how anyone sane could not consider the Blackface Twin Reverb as ONE of the best amps of all time, I'd like to point out a few flaws for modern times that do not include the typical cost or especially weight The AB763 was designed at a time when there were almost no FX pedals, let alone rack FX. For this reason Fender's Flagship amp came with Reverb and Tremolo and not just any old design but one that was expertly refined and extremely effective.

They also came with a preamp design that was made to achieve an amp that sounded and responded extremely similarly at a very wide range of volume, largely because when they were designed nobody was mic'ing guitar amps so the amp had to cover wide territory all by itself. This came at the expense of gain staging and reduced negative feedback levels that allowed for more expression created by hitting harder or turning up anywhere in the chain.

For this reason the Tweed Bassman and Tweed 10, and all it's descendants like Marshall and Vox for a time and so many spinoffs, that I consider the 2 pictured below as the most simple, versatile and artistically responsive amps designed ever.

However both a 1959 Marshall with a 4x12 and a Tweed Twin are quite heavy and few people in this day and age even w/ cheaper PA systems available these days that make Shure Vocal Masters seem liker they were designed by Fisher-Price one can drop a lot of weight and still get that Tweed Feel with anything like a Tweed Bassman. Minor mods as simple as increased filter caps can easily get a true Tweed Bassman clone up in the SPL range of an AB763 Twin Reverb while still keeping that dynamic touch sensitivity of the Tweed/Marshall/Vox design

Here's a 1960 Tweed Bassman with good tubes and filter caps increased to 120uf at Input and decoupling at 35uf, both straight in and with a few minor effects. FFWD to around 2:30 if you don't wish to hear him describe the whats and hows but I strongly suggest you check out his YT Channel for many more. It's a wealth of info and great tone.

I've owned a couple Tweed Twins, worked on many more, and owned several Tweed Bassmans and played at least 50 more and I finally manage to audition A new Bassbreaker 45 and was extremely impressed. I only wonder why it took Fender so damned long to get around to it.

I'm willing to bet that nobody will ever feel volume or headroom constrained on any modern stage with one. It is a dream come true for effects of any kind. It is not as loud as a Fender Tweed Twin or a Marshall 1959 but modern PAs rendered those all but obsolete in terms of power and the difference between the 45 Watt Bassbreaker and even a similarly modded Twin (for even more headroom) is miniscule and l don't see that a limitation for any music other than possibly Country.

Unfortunately they wouldn't let me take it apart to see how it is for servicing but at the price I'd expect PC boards and typical Fender techniques so not as simple and direct as OG Tweeds but not too awful bad. I suggest anyone that likes the above video tones give this amp a try. You might love it or you might hate it but I seriously doubt anyone will be left with a blase ho-hum attitude. It has serious character and superb modern options at a reasonable price. I also didn't even attempt to audition with an extension cab but I have no reason to believe that wouldn't just up the ante a lot.

I am dead certain OP would do well to check a Bassbreaker out. In fact I'd love to hear/read his or anyone elses experiences with a Bassbreaker but especially the 45. I did also enjoy the 30 with 4 x EL84s but I don't see it as quite a great fit for Loud Rock as the 45 w/ 2x EL34s.... but YMMV.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Why not keep stage volume down and mic it? I could never figure out why guitar and bass players want to put out huge volume levels. When musicians compete for volume on stage, it's a nightmare for the sound guy. Better to let the PA handle the audience. Low stage volume means that monitors don't bleed into the mics, plus you're suckin' around for a case of tinnitus. Go for tone and let the mixer do his job. Orange not cutting it? Put a little in the monitors or turn them down.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
No offense to anyone that plays a Hot Rod Deluxe but I've played it and there's something missing for me. It's just not a great Fender amp to my ears. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are 100,00 Hot Rods out there sounding great in bands.

I have to get back to the Twin conversion idea. The Twin is one of the best clean amps of all time and when it's totally dimed it's also one of the best of all time.

The whole point here is to cut down on weight. A Twin conversion meets the requirements of the OP. It would be a great solution.
Well, the elephant in the room is that weight and volume go together. You can't have volume without weight, not with a tube guitar amp, anyway, and not with a speaker cabinet of any real quality.

Powerful tube amps require large transformers containing a lot of iron and copper. Skimping on the transformers cuts power and low end.

Powerful speakers tend to be heavy and require heavy wooden cabinets to sound good. Lightweight cabs resonate in totally the wrong way - the eat energy at some frequencies and tend to "boom" at others.

A Twin conversion is not actually lighter, it just splits the weight into two parts. A decent hand truck or equipment cart/dolly is a good idea. I have a Rock And Roller Cart, one of their larger models with pneumatic front wheels that converts between a dolly and a hand truck, folds up and telescopes, and is rated at 500 pounds. Really useful, especially on gigs where you have to bring your own PA.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
Well, the elephant in the room is that weight and volume go together. You can't have volume without weight, not with a tube guitar amp, anyway, and not with a speaker cabinet of any real quality.

Powerful tube amps require large transformers containing a lot of iron and copper. Skimping on the transformers cuts power and low end.

Powerful speakers tend to be heavy and require heavy wooden cabinets to sound good. Lightweight cabs resonate in totally the wrong way - the eat energy at some frequencies and tend to "boom" at others.

A Twin conversion is not actually lighter, it just splits the weight into two parts. A decent hand truck or equipment cart/dolly is a good idea. I have a Rock And Roller Cart, one of their larger models with pneumatic front wheels that converts between a dolly and a hand truck, folds up and telescopes, and is rated at 500 pounds. Really useful, especially on gigs where you have to bring your own PA.
Yes I know, but splitting it in two would make it incredibly more manageable (at least for me.) The only places I would play my Twin now are outdoor stages and the stages we've played have been inconvenient to load in a Twin. It makes my chest hurt just thinking about it. Having it split in two is something I may look into.

I really like the Rock And Roller.
Old 3 days ago
A Hot Rod DeVille 212, is loud, seriously, maybe even too loud for any situation, and weigh is far less than a Twin at around 18kg instead of 30k for Twin, its a no brainer for regular gigging.
Yes we all agree Twins sound better, but OP wants a 2x12 that can cut it, and is downsized from his current rig so obviously he is sick to death of carrying a 4x12 around, and frankly, id rather battle a 4x12 cab then a twin, awkward and can't throw it around like a 4x12 cab
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Peavey Classic 50 modded to include a pair of Greenbacks. It's loud as **** and affordable (as in, it's in your price range). It also takes pedals really well and also has a built in FX loop for those FX you don't wish to run between the guitar and amp.

It also has that "clean with a hint of breakup" sound on the clean channel. I pretty much generally only use it on the clean channel and use pedals to get the distortion I want, though sometimes I do switch on the dirt channel when I want it.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Why not keep stage volume down and mic it? I could never figure out why guitar and bass players want to put out huge volume levels.
Because for certain types of music the guitar does not behave the same at lower volumes. When level reaches the point where the air is vibrating the strings of the guitar it becomes a whole other instrument, as anybody who has seen Jimi Hendrix perform live will attest.

Quote:
When musicians compete for volume on stage, it's a nightmare for the sound guy.
Not necessarily, it depends on the temperament of the musicians and the soundman. An experienced, personable soundman can usually communicate with the musicians to everyone's benefit. And high volumes can be dealt with. I'm not going to go into a long explanation because we just recently had a thread where Enorbet and I did and I'm pretty sure you read it. Go read it again.

Really, I don't understand why a guy with a screen name like "Evil Roy" would have your attitude about this...

Quote:
Better to let the PA handle the audience.
Far too many clubs these days have systems that will barely handle vocal and are totally overwhelmed with a full instrument mix.

Quote:
Low stage volume means that monitors don't bleed into the mics,
And is totally fine for a low volume act like my country band. It JUST_DOESN'T_WORK for a loud rock band (let alone a metal band) the REQUIRES stage volume for guitar sustain.

Quote:
plus you're suckin' around for a case of tinnitus.
I'm 68. I have no tinnitus and I did sound - including stage monitors with a wedge right by my head - for 20 or 30 years. No volume related problems.

Quote:
Go for tone and let the mixer do his job.
Sometimes volume is REQUIRED for tone. I'd like to see you tell SRV or someone similar the stuff you've been spouting here.

Quote:
. Orange not cutting it? Put a little in the monitors or turn them down.
My guess is that the Orange isn't cutting it because that series of Orange just doesn't really cut it and mucking up the monitors with guitar probably won't help.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
A Hot Rod DeVille 212, is loud, seriously, maybe even too loud for any situation, and weigh is far less than a Twin at around 18kg instead of 30k for Twin, its a no brainer for regular gigging.
Yes we all agree Twins sound better, but OP wants a 2x12 that can cut it, and is downsized from his current rig so obviously he is sick to death of carrying a 4x12 around, and frankly, id rather battle a 4x12 cab then a twin, awkward and can't throw it around like a 4x12 cab
He also wants a strong amp that sounds good.

Yes, we know that YOU think the DeVille is a good, loud amp, by in the opinion of a lot of people it isn't.

If I wanted an amp that size I'd go for a Super Reverb, but even that won't do what the OP is asking for.

IMO this "modern" craze for lightweight gear has gone way too far. You can't fight the laws of physics and to achieve certain things you have to meet certain requirements.

How many different tube amps have you owned? How wide is your experience?

It's a common human trait to think that whatever one happens to own is just great After awhile one gets an experience with something else and a lightbulb goes off "OH! THAT"S what they were talking about!" It happens to everybody, usually multiple times.

The way I read the bit about him "downsizing" was more that he wants fewer things to haul around, not necessarily smaller, lighter things.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really, I don't understand why a guy with a screen name like "Evil Roy" would have your attitude about this...

Because for certain types of music the guitar does not behave the same at lower volumes. When level reaches the point where the air is vibrating the strings of the guitar it becomes a whole other instrument, as anybody who has seen Jimi Hendrix perform live will attest.

Not necessarily, it depends on the temperament of the musicians and the soundman. An experienced, personable soundman can usually communicate with the musicians to everyone's benefit. And high volumes can be dealt with. I'm not going to go into a long explanation because we just recently had a thread where Enorbet and I did and I'm pretty sure you read it. Go read it again.

Far too many clubs these days have systems that will barely handle vocal and are totally overwhelmed with a full instrument mix.

And is totally fine for a low volume act like my country band. It JUST_DOESN'T_WORK for a loud rock band (let alone a metal band) the REQUIRES stage volume for guitar sustain.

I'm 68. I have no tinnitus and I did sound - including stage monitors with a wedge right by my head - for 20 or 30 years. No volume related problems.

Sometimes volume is REQUIRED for tone. I'd like to see you tell SRV or someone similar the stuff you've been spouting here.

My guess is that the Orange isn't cutting it because that series of Orange just doesn't really cut it and mucking up the monitors with guitar probably won't help.
Haha! I know... I just feel sorry for the sound guy, especially in small clubs with toy PAs and sound reflecting everywhere. No, didn't read that thread. But yeah, the Strat sings with a dimed Marshall. Congrats on the good ears. I'm 61 and no problems either but I know plenty of old rockers who aren't as lucky.
Old 3 days ago
Another vote for a JSX combo.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
He also wants a strong amp that sounds good.

Yes, we know that YOU think the DeVille is a good, loud amp, by in the opinion of a lot of people it isn't.

If I wanted an amp that size I'd go for a Super Reverb, but even that won't do what the OP is asking for.

IMO this "modern" craze for lightweight gear has gone way too far. You can't fight the laws of physics and to achieve certain things you have to meet certain requirements.

How many different tube amps have you owned? How wide is your experience?

It's a common human trait to think that whatever one happens to own is just great After a while one gets an experience with something else and a lightbulb goes off "OH! THAT"S what they were talking about!" It happens to everybody, usually multiple times.

The way I read the bit about him "downsizing" was more that he wants fewer things to haul around, not necessarily smaller, lighter things.
Yes we know you want the OP to get an overweight and heavy super, we heard you the first time, why are you getting your knickers in a such a twist kid!
You should learn that in life, some people have different opinions to you, you'll be happier and less stressed, learn to talk to people in a less demeaning, less arrogant and judgemental way instead of trying to dictate and impose your ways on others please.
And not wise to make massive assumptions about people you don't know either.
For your information I've never owned a devile nor would I ever buy one. I have used one a few times live though and understood them to be very fender sounding and reliable and very loud as I previously stated, a great platform for pedals, and easy to transport. This is just a fact, you might not like facts but that's just your opinion man, a super might suit your needs but does it suit the guy who started this thread, who is gigging and carrying gear around regularly. From the way, you are acting it's very clear to me and you've never actually played a devile loudly.
And please don't reply with a list of your amp history like that will impress me, I really don't give shhit about what have used. Now you've given your recommendation, I've given mine. End of story, up to the OP now, I have a hunch he is already leaning toward an AC30 which is a great choice.

Last edited by aaronsmith; 3 days ago at 01:16 PM..
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobkon View Post
I've been playing my current rig for some years now and I've never fully liked how my amp takes pedals, so I'm looking to change it up while also downsizing a bit.

Current rig is p90 pickups > rat/muff > orange ad30 > fender supersonic 4x12 cab

I want to go the 2x12 combo route this time, so I've been looking at the Vox AC30, but wondering if someone could throw some other options out there for me. My band plays heavy distorted rock, and I'm more of the lead player, but I play a ton of rhythm as well. I need an amp that can cut, while still sounding heavy and warm. It also needs to take pedals well, something my current Orange Ad30 doesn't do too well for my tastes.

Price range would be in the $1000 range or so. Vintage is always preferred, but I'm open to new as well. Vox, Fenders, Marshalls?

Loud, distorted rock. That's what he said he plays.

A fu*king "Hot Rod" [rofl] De fu*king Ville? A Twin Reverb? Seriously?

[actually, I can kinda see the Tweed Twin, or a JMP Marshall, but some are getting away from what he asked for]

The obvious choice is shown below.

cheers,

audioforce
Attached Thumbnails
2x12 tube amp for loud rock? Must take pedals well.-mick-jagger-keith-richards-ampeg-vt-22-guitar-amp-sunset-sound-1972-03.jpg   2x12 tube amp for loud rock? Must take pedals well.-shopping-2.png   2x12 tube amp for loud rock? Must take pedals well.-shopping-3.png   2x12 tube amp for loud rock? Must take pedals well.-mick-jagger-keith-richards-ampeg-vt-22-guitar-amp-sunset-sound-1972-01.jpg  
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Yes we know you want the OP to get an overweight and heavy super, we heard you the first time, why are you getting your knickers in a such a twist kid!
You should learn that in life, some people have different opinions to you, you'll be happier and less stressed, learn to talk to people in a less demeaning, less arrogant and judgemental way instead of trying to dictate and impose your ways on others please.
And not wise to make massive assumptions about people you don't know either.
For your information I've never owned a devile nor would I ever buy one. I have used one a few times live though and understood them to be very fender sounding and reliable and very loud as I previously stated, a great platform for pedals, and easy to transport. This is just a fact, you might not like facts but that's just your opinion man, a super might suit your needs but does it suit the guy who started this thread, who is gigging and carrying gear around regularly.
Please stop.

The only people who think DeVilles are reliable are people who either haven't owned them very long, people who are EXTREMELY lucky, or people with no experience with amps that actually are reliable. Like Fenders used to be before they started building substandard crap like the DeVille.

And they really don't sound very good, either. It's not a real Fender sound, they were trying for a "modern sound" which they succeeded to some degree, only it's the bad part of "modern" they got. And they're not really very loud, they are just distorted, which many people confuse with loudness.

As to it being "just my opinion, well I suppose that technically that's right, but it's the "opinion" of a person who spent the better part of half a century as a audio service tech, a sound engineer, and a musician of several different musical styles. And when I say they're junk it's because I've work on them, the cost cutting measures instituted in the circuit design and build quality are embarrassing, and, although I used to run a Fender Warranty station I will no longer work on them because (A) they're so big a PITA to work on that I'd have to charge more in labor than the repair is really worth or eat half the labor charges and (B) I would not fell confident enough in the design and built to give my usual guarantee on the work.

Are you a service tech? If you're not, and you've never even owned one, please stop yammering about how reliable they are because you're not in a position to know.

Not everybody's "opinions" are created equal. Some of us base our "opinions" on FACTS and EXPERIENCE. You should listen to those with facts and experience, not those who tell you what you want to hear.

Quote:
From the way, you are acting it's very clear to me and you've never actually played a devile loudly.
It's clear to me that you don't know what a loud amp is because you insist on confusing a medium power amp with a loud amp[.

Quote:
And please don't reply with a list of your amp history like that will impress me, I really don't give shhit about what have used. Now you've given your recommendation, I've given mine. End of story, up to the OP now, I have a hunch he is already leaning toward an AC30 which is a great choice.
Well, some AC30s are excellent amps. Some AC30s are really not. The good ones are expensive and hand wired which, among other things, makes them easy to service. The PC versions range from pretty good to rather poor, depending on the version and who owned Vox when it was made.

AC30s are medium power amps, on the low end of that category. The "30" in "AC30" designates 30 watts. They can sound pretty loud for that 30 watts because of the way they're voiced, but they're still 30 watt amps. They use little bitty EL84 power tubes - 4 of them, but they're still EL84s and EL84s put out about 15 watts a pair on the average.. Most of the people who use them in loud bands use more than one at a time. Will it cut better in the OP's band? Who know? It's the same POWER as the amp it's replacing, and it has two less speakers, so I have my doubts. And at 68 pounds, an AC30 ain't all that light, if that's a consideration. In fact it has one of the lowest watt per pound ratios of any combo amp. (About 2 pounds per watt. Even the Ampeg VT-22 has a better power to weight ratio - very slightly better than 1 pound per watt.)

BTW, I'm not seriously recommending a Super Twin, I'm just one-upping Audioforce with that. I AM seriously recommending an Ampeg VT-22 (as is Audioforce.) Or possibly a vintage Twin Reverb, which are a bargain right now compared to smaller Fender amps of similar vintage. And a Twin Reverb with stock speakers or Celestions really does not weigh much more than an AC-30. Actually it's slightly LIGHTER.
Old 2 days ago
John you're just so easy to wind up.
Sorry I didn't bother reading your book, I'm sure it very interesting reading though.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioforce View Post
Loud, distorted rock. That's what he said he plays.

A fu*king "Hot Rod" [rofl] De fu*king Ville? A Twin Reverb? Seriously?

[actually, I can kinda see the Tweed Twin, or a JMP Marshall, but some are getting away from what he asked for]

The obvious choice is shown below.

cheers,

audioforce
Keef is pretty partial to Twin Reverbs of various vintages as well. And you can get a fine raunchy rock tone out of an AB763 with the right speakers. The stock speakers were always something of a weak point with those.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
John you're just so easy to wind up.
Sorry I didn't bother reading your book, I'm sure it very interesting reading though.
There's nothing wrong with ignorance - it's the state we all start in.

What's wrong is protecting and nurturing ignorance.

Carry on.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:

Carry on.
Lol read that in a book did you kid? I'm impressed, thanks and I apologize for being so wrong.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Keef is pretty partial to Twin Reverbs of various vintages as well. And you can get a fine raunchy rock tone out of an AB763 with the right speakers. The stock speakers were always something of a weak point with those.
I really like those amps a lot. Old Twins are great, as are a lot of older Fenders. I just don't think they are in the same league as the Ampegs for what the OP is asking.

Twins can get a little brittle and harsh sometimes, too.

The Ampegs have [can get] the thick, chunky thing going on that you don't get so much out a Fender. Really substantial sounding amps. Just listen to that QOTSA track.

I have an old Brown Vibrolux that would give him the rock vibe if he could find one. But I don't think it a big enough amp for what he's looking for. Amazing rock sound, though.

And then of course, there is the mighty '55 Tremolux [note correct spelling, thank you very much]. It really screams. But again, not big enough for what he wants.

An AC-30 wouldn't suck either. They have that roar going on when you lean on them that's pretty hard to ignore.

But, naw, the Ampeg for sure. Listen [choruses and outs, too, its just the amp].

cheers,

audioforce
Old 2 days ago
Quote:

Carry on.
Nothing I'm very grateful there are people like you in the world that can help humanity.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Nothing I'm very grateful there are people like you in the world that can help humanity.
You're welcome.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
I really like those amps a lot. Old Twins are great, as are a lot of older Fenders. I just don't think they are in the same league as the Ampegs for what the OP is asking.

Twins can get a little brittle and harsh sometimes, too.

The Ampegs have [can get] the thick, chunky thing going on that you don't get so much out a Fender. Really substantial sounding amps. Just listen to that QOTSA track.

I have an old Brown Vibrolux that would give him the rock vibe if he could find one. But I don't think it a big enough amp for what he's looking for. Amazing rock sound, though.

And then of course, there is the mighty '55 Tremolux [note correct spelling, thank you very much]. It really screams. But again, not big enough for what he wants.

An AC-30 wouldn't suck either. They have that roar going on when you lean on them that's pretty hard to ignore.

But, naw, the Ampeg for sure. Listen [choruses and outs, too, its just the amp].

cheers,

audioforce
Well, I DID suggest the VT-22 at the same time you did. The Twin Reverb is a little easier to haul around.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I DID suggest the VT-22 at the same time you did. The Twin Reverb is a little easier to haul around.

Uhmm, actually, you suggested a VT-22 after I did [see posts 14 and 15 above].

So both amps are big-ass heavy tube amps, and ease of "hauling around" doesn't even legitimately enter into it at that point.

What's he gonna buy a Twin because its 2 pounds lighter? Its still a fu*king boat anchor. : )

Now that I think of it, they actually made a special dolly for the VT-22s and V-4s. So there you have it. : ) Problem solved once again by Ampeg,

Seriously, if you are looking for something easy to move around [or "easier to haul around"] then none of these amps are for you. To get that kind of a ballsy sound, you are gonna have a big heavy box. Period.

Yeah, ha, ha, the Ampeg will literally crush the other amps. And I do mean literally. And sonically.

And I like the story the one guy had about dropping his VT-22 down a flight of stairs and it still worked fine. Possibly true. ["It could happen" - Judy Tenuto]. So try that with a Marshall or a Fender. Well, actually, don't try it.

cheers,

audioforce
Old 23 hours ago
Quote:
Uhmm, actually, you suggested a VT-22 after I did [see posts 14 and 15 above].
You hit "enter" a couple minutes before I did,. but you post was not posted when I started mine.

Why do you always have to act like a dick?

Quote:
So both amps are big-ass heavy tube amps, and ease of "hauling around" doesn't even legitimately enter into it at that point.

What's he gonna buy a Twin because its 2 pounds lighter? Its still a fu*king boat anchor. : )

Now that I think of it, they actually made a special dolly for the VT-22s and V-4s. So there you have it. : ) Problem solved once again by Ampeg,

Seriously, if you are looking for something easy to move around [or "easier to haul around"] then none of these amps are for you. To get that kind of a ballsy sound, you are gonna have a big heavy box. Period.

Yeah, ha, ha, the Ampeg will literally crush the other amps. And I do mean literally. And sonically.

And I like the story the one guy had about dropping his VT-22 down a flight of stairs and it still worked fine. Possibly true. ["It could happen" - Judy Tenuto]. So try that with a Marshall or a Fender. Well, actually, don't try it.

cheers,

audioforce
Believe it or not (and I really don't care if you do) I've seem Marshalls fall off a stage and still work fine. Not even a broken tube. (LUCKY!)

If your amp is too heavy for you either hire a roadie or get a job as an accountant.
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You hit "enter" a couple minutes before I did,. but you post was not posted when I started mine.
Likely story, dude. But, hey, possible, if guess. Not too plausible, but possible. In any event, my post is 14th in the thread, and yours is 15th. That's a fact, Jack. Or, I could phrase in an attitude like yours and say that, between them, mine was first and yours was last : )

Quote:
Why do you always have to act like a dick?
ROFL. I am sure that a large percentage of the posters on this forum will recognize the irony in your statement.

Quote:
Believe it or not (and I really don't care if you do) I've seem Marshalls fall off a stage and still work fine. Not even a broken tube. (LUCKY!)
Always a comeback, right Mr. Oneupmanship? Ahh, but did the Marshall fall down a whole flight of stairs? That's different [way better] than merely falling off a stage. The "stage" could have been only a couple inches high, for all we know.

So, a VT-22 falling down a flight of stairs is a better story than a Marshall just falling of a stage.

Ipso Fatso, once again, the VT-22 emerges victorious! : )

Quote:
If your amp is too heavy for you either hire a roadie or get a job as an accountant.
"Hire a roadie or get a job as an accountant" are the only two options you think you have?

Frankly I see many more possibilities. : )

cheers,

audioforce
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

I love my Blackstar HT40! No need for a distortion pedal
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Ipso Fatso...
Bonafide typing error? [Ipso facto is the spelling] or a clever way to slip in a fatso schoolyard putdown lol. I'm watching you @audioforce, I've seen a clever slip up of spelling from you before. You're either humorously devious or a bad typist on a few occasions
Old 16 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bonafide typing error? [Ipso facto is the spelling] or a clever way to slip in a fatso schoolyard putdown lol. I'm watching you @audioforce, I've seen a clever slip up of spelling from you before. You're either humorously devious or a bad typist on a few occasions
Ha ha. It’s an Archie Bunker “ism” from “All In The Family”!

Sayings - Archie Bunker All In The Family Quotes

Best,

audioforce
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search