The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar music labels
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Guitar music labels

Hello,

can someone recommend USA based guitar music only labels (instrumental rock, acoustic nlyon guitar with a bit of latin percussions) which are looking for new talents and demos?

My friend tried Schrapnel and Candyrat, sent them demos, 2 months passed, they didnt even listen to the demo albums (soundcloud link which is private, 0 listen)? Or good old demo cd is needed? I mean, who the hell sends demo cds these days when you got internet? :/

Any help is most appreciated. Guy is extremely talented guitar player, with loads of experience but he never ever recorded his solo album before...till now.

Thank you!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Maybe I'm wrong.... but...
I think that the generic "send the demo around" era is quite finished.

Now you have the "send the demo IF"
--if you have a "friend" that can do a phone call to someone in the label to introduce you
--if you get in contact with someone in a label, for example in an event or party, and you can speak with him
--if you have x-thousands youtube followers or spotify streams, and the label talent scout contacts you showing interest
--if you do live concerts that are so good that are shaking up all your local zone audience, and a talent scout picks you
--if you can seduce someone in a label and get into a relationship...

Or simply going unsigned and indipendent until something happens.

You know spotify is only 0.007 per stream.
Big moneys are gone away, but they receive thousands demo per day...
The equation is not balanced.

However it is my opinion, and maybe is wrong.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If he wants the attention of a label, first he should be doing so well for himself that he doesn’t need one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search