The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Floyd Rose nuts... On a Charvel
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Floyd Rose nuts... On a Charvel

Hello, so it seems that I stripped the nut in my Charvel, it has the Korean made 02000. Thankfully, as I have a Schaller German made Floyd Rose on a Jackson, I have an R3 nut that I didn't need to use on the Jackson. The nut was not packaged with the Schaller, it says original Floyd Rose, Germany, etc.

The one that came off the Charvel says BR3. I should have taken a better look before I installed, I don't know what the German one said, except I know it's an R3.

Here is where the question comes in: This nut says on the packaging it's spacing is, "Les Paul Type Spacing." Obviously, that wouldn't be what I would want but I would want some type of R3.

I installed it and I do not notice a difference in spacing. I am not sure that it's the exact same as the one before as I can see the shim underneath a little bit more, where as before I wasn't even aware there was a shim underneath the nut.

Everything is working great, it's playing great, no issues. The reason I am asking the question is because now I am going to order another one. This could happen again and if it does I don't want to have to wait on one to come in the mail.

Even with the German version there are two R3's and then different spacing. I really don't think the spacing is different, which is strange, why would they be using Les Paul spacing?

Other than that, I always had great tuning stability when using the bar pushing down, it would stay in tune for days. Since the new nut has went on, I've noticed I now have a bit more stability with pulling the bar up as well. I can go up and down. Although, the tuning will stack perfect going down but going up it will go out a little which requires pushing the bar down again but that's always been there on all my Floyd guitars.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search