The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fender Concert Reverb 4 x 10 opinions Electric Guitar Amplification
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Fender Concert Reverb 4 x 10 opinions

I would be interested in any history and opinions of a Fender amp I have which is a Fender Concert Reverb 4 x 10.

When were they made? Why were they made? Wonder why they have been dropped?

I think the closest amp that Fender still makes is the Fender '65 Super Reverb 45-Watt 4x10

Mine has spec's of

50W all tube
Four - ten-inch speakers
Tube reverb (driving a spring reverb tank) and tube tremolo
Normal and drive with gain channels, 4 position footswitch
1/4-power switch
Effects loop

I think mine is from 1992???

Fifty watts of pure, glowing, purring 100% tube power delivers unbelievable richness, presence, sustain, and musical distortion. Blackface-style normal channel produces ringing, warm clean tones while the thermonuclear drive channel proves that an amp by itself can be all the tonal enhancement you need. Add 4 - ten-inch Eminence speakers and all-tube reverb and tremolo for a full range combo that'll leave you awestruck with your own fabulous tone. 1/4-power switch for low-volume crankin', effects loop, and included 4-button footswitch.
Attached Thumbnails
Fender Concert Reverb 4 x 10 opinions-p1040811.jpg   Fender Concert Reverb 4 x 10 opinions-p1040798.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by markustg View Post
I would be interested in any history and opinions of a Fender amp I have which is a Fender Concert Reverb 4 x 10.

When were they made? Why were they made? Wonder why they have been dropped?

I think the closest amp that Fender still makes is the Fender '65 Super Reverb 45-Watt 4x10

Mine has spec's of

50W all tube
Four - ten-inch speakers
Tube reverb (driving a spring reverb tank) and tube tremolo
Normal and drive with gain channels, 4 position footswitch
1/4-power switch
Effects loop

I think mine is from 1992???

Fifty watts of pure, glowing, purring 100% tube power delivers unbelievable richness, presence, sustain, and musical distortion. Blackface-style normal channel produces ringing, warm clean tones while the thermonuclear drive channel proves that an amp by itself can be all the tonal enhancement you need. Add 4 - ten-inch Eminence speakers and all-tube reverb and tremolo for a full range combo that'll leave you awestruck with your own fabulous tone. 1/4-power switch for low-volume crankin', effects loop, and included 4-button footswitch.
Essentially, it's a hotrodded '64 Super Reverb, more or less.

When were they made? You know that - the '90s. Maybe the very late '80s as well.

Why were they made? To sell amplifiers.

Why were they dropped? Guess they didn'r sell enough, plus they were replaced by the Super Sonic series.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

The 4 X 10" Fenders are one of my favorite combo amps. The tweed Bassman leads the pack of course. Nothing beats them as a stage amp.
Their main drawback was they didn't have reverb but playing live you didn't need it. You had the actual rooms reverb.
The Concert amps were very good too. I owned a 69 silver face super reverb back in the early 80's. Think I paid $150 in some hole in the wall music store.
Nice sounding amp so long as you kept good tubes in it. Not nearly as loud as my Blackface Bassman but it did break up nicely at lower volumes.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search