The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bias 2 vs UA plug-ins Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Bias 2 vs UA plug-ins

Hi there. I recently purchased Bias2 fx and am very impressed with the sound. My previous experience with vst amps was guitar rig5. I was wondering if you guys think Bias has more realistic sounds than the UA plug-ins. If it is worth buying them if I already have bias.

Also, would it be advisable to upgrade to the bias2 amp or other products they have if I want to get the most out of my guitar sim sound? Thank you.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I didn’t care for bias...

The uad, bx amps, amplitude, s-gear all sound more convincing than bias’ amps... the bias fx are pretty cool, but, not leaps and bounds better than the fx avail in amplitude or even s-gear... and all of these fx are poor substitution for the “studio” fx you already have in plugin form... beauty of working ITB

Oh, hotone’s new plugin is top flight and cheap... no fx aside from delay and reverb though... also check out the new waves’ prs amp sims
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty45 View Post
Hi there. I recently purchased Bias2 fx and am very impressed with the sound. My previous experience with vst amps was guitar rig5. I was wondering if you guys think Bias has more realistic sounds than the UA plug-ins. If it is worth buying them if I already have bias.

Also, would it be advisable to upgrade to the bias2 amp or other products they have if I want to get the most out of my guitar sim sound? Thank you.
I have both. UaD sims sound better generally and if you have an Apollo it makes sense to at least get one sim to monitor without latency. The Engl, Fuchs and Marshall Jubilee in UAD are excellent.

Bias still works very well with tweaking and it s a good deal given that you get a lot of usuable amps for the price on only one UAD sim.

I would suggest you demo the UAD amps.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Thanks for the replys. I am looking at grabbing a UA interface so I can try out the plug ins they have. The Arrow seems good and I might buy it. My main concern is my computer (I have USB 3) and the price. For $1000 CDN I get the interface and a couple plug ins. Would this be worth getting over a different interface with the full bias catalogue?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
I started liking bias after a friend of mine bought the full version with the celestion cab.s (big difference). The sound reminded me of listening a very loud amp from a control room of a studio as soon as I opened any amp preset. We demoed high-gain in mind sending different amps l+r, getting a big sound was very easy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search