The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Boss ME-80 vs. Zoom G3XN Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Boss ME-80 vs. Zoom G3XN

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a multieffects pedal for all fx with the exception of high gain/overdrive fx. I'd like to use my amp gain and an OCD pedal for that so I'd likely be using the four cable method with the multieffects unit placed in my amp's fx loop.

I've tried this before using older multieffects processors with limited flexibility as far as the chain order goes. The pedal effects were sufficient, but the dirty/overdrive tone from my amp and OCD pedal sounded quite bad.

I was wondering if I might experience similar issues with a newer pedal such as the Zoom G3XN or Boss ME-80. Considering what I'm trying to accomplish, does one better work better than the other?

Thanks!
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search