The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
best stomp box compressor
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear
blend knob is a great idea on the wampler!!!!
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
blend knob is a great idea on the wampler!!!!
Yep.. and there was one company that did it first
Old 3rd March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear
I actually had several of the classic vintage compressor pedals long time past and I ended up dropping them because of the intense clamp and gate effect they did to the sound. I had a few processor units that modeled some of the those and again was a tone killer, simply had to shut it off a lot. I found a good clean boost was a great thing for so many uses. One reason I like having the Radial PB1 as a front end buffer with its class A clean boost. Still comes in handy.

The Wampler is my return to having a compressor on the board again and I just love that puppy. The Blend is great as well as the ability to speed the release up and also a tone. Few pedals have that many tone options and fewer still offer a fast release or blend.

(Sorry, I confused this w my overdrive controls thinking it had a separate bass and treb control. Just a tone, up for more treble presence down for flat.)

Really an impressive pedal that is the most transparent compressor I have used. Some like that classic Dyna thing, if that is what you like, you like it. I hated compressors for a long time. The Wampler is just great, you can actually turn your straight tone all on and use the EQ to make a transparent clean boost. I tend to like the blend about 9-10:00, Comp level about 12:00, the release up fast and just enough EQ and level to sparkle up the tone a little. Works so well I tend to leave it on.

I would suppose something like the Joe Meek optical compressor would be better (if there is actually a "better") I have not tried one but a lot more bucks.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search