The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Koa Body Steinberger Bass?
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Addict

Koa Body Steinberger Bass?

Hey my fellow players!

Saw a video of women playing what appeared to be a Koa (I'm guessing) body Steinberger XT-25. I'm wondering if anyone has seen one of these and how old it might be? It's impossible to find one online in my searches so far which I thought was odd. Is this a custom piece?

Thanks guys!

Old 14th June 2018
Gear Addict

Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackatee View Post
It's a Hohner B2A-V in Walnut licensed by Steinberger!! First available in April 21 2012

That date seems wrong. I'd swear I saw those in the 1990s if not earlier.

But perhaps I'm conflating the walnut B2A-V w/ the other Hohner licensed-by-Steinberger basses I've encountered. Which btw are surprisingly nice sounding instruments. Not Steinberger-nice sounding, but passable, good for the money.
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Addict

Yeah I was thinking 90's too! I got that date off the amazon link so it might be when they first sold one or something of that nature... I think you're right though. I don't think Hohner has made string based instruments for awhile now.

These basses are really popular with reggae bass players and they hit super hard in that setting. I've seen many shows with guys playing these. Can't say I've seen anyone play one outside of that genre though which is interesting.

Anyway, I just bought one tonight... an XT-25 - A blue quilt top version. It was only 500 bucks new, so well see how it holds it down on my Eden Rig. Always wanted one just because... Would much prefer the wood finish, but I'm not hunting one of those down just for that.

EDIT: Here's the video I was watching... I like the sound shes getting from that bass even through that crappy phone recording. Killer song too..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search