The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any Silver Sky owners? How are you liking it?
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Addict

Any Silver Sky owners? How are you liking it?

Since I can’t find one to play , just wanted to some insight. Mostly on tone. I need to add a single coil Guitar, it’s not cheap, wise choice for only strat type Guitar?
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear
I never heard or played one, but looking over the specs on it. I really can't say what justifies the price other than the PRS and Mayer name. The wood body is Alder same as American and MiM Strats. Never heard the PRS single coils so I can comment. The rest of the hardware is nice but nothing all that special. You could always get a Mim and throw Fralin's or Kinman pickups on it. If you don't like the rest of the hardware Wilkinson is very good and that would be less than half of the PRS price. I've had a '65 and 66' and '71 Strats and my 2008 MIM is my favorite and stock with no changes. I'd try a bunch of American and MiM Fenders first and try and find a place that has the PRS that you can try. I wouldn't buy any guitar without trying it first. Also Michael Kelly makes some nice Fender emu's at a much nicer price.

https://michaelkellyguitars.com/en/p...tom-collection

https://michaelkellyguitars.com/en/p.../cc-60-vintage
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Maniac

I'm waiting for mine. I'll let you know when I've played it a bit
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search