The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bought a classical Condenser Microphones
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Addict

Bought a classical

After a little trip to Spain, I decided I needed a classical guitar again, it's been a long time, and the last nylon string I had was a Godin Multiac, The Godin was great to just plug in and record or gig... this time I went for a vintage Guild Mark IV... it sounds great and plays nicely, and got a good price
How do you nylon players record? same as steel string? any ideas?
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep View Post
See this great little video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8nlyuW_pk

Specs are down below the video on the youtube page, and he also shows his setup at the end. The Line Audio CM-3 mics are very affordable and do a nice job with guitar.
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Addict

cool, i already have an sm81 and an at4050, these should work fine, no?
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
cool, i already have an sm81 and an at4050, these should work fine, no?
Sure (I mean, Shure!), they should be just fine.

The CM3 is cheaper than either of them but has been compared very favorably with the Shoeps MK21; see Line Audio CM3 Vs. Schoeps MK21
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Addict

do most people use LDC? SDC? My steel string I mix the two, because i only have one of each lol
I guess I will try with the same or similar technique... my mother in law is here, so i have to wait until next week to record it argh
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
After a little trip to Spain, I decided I needed a classical guitar again, it's been a long time, and the last nylon string I had was a Godin Multiac, The Godin was great to just plug in and record or gig... this time I went for a vintage Guild Mark IV... it sounds great and plays nicely, and got a good price
Where did you go in Spain?

Being at a live Flamenco performance is very effectual IMO.
Old 20th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
Where did you go in Spain?

Being at a live Flamenco performance is very effectual IMO.
Went to Madrid, Seville and the Canary Islands, I love Spain, and I am loving playing nylon string.... I don't know any flamenco at all really, but I play jazz and a lot of bossa nova...
I could live in Madrid, no problem... and go take lessons in Seville once in a while what a beautiful place
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Went to Madrid, Seville and the Canary Islands, I love Spain, and I am loving playing nylon string.... I don't know any flamenco at all really, but I play jazz and a lot of bossa nova...
I could live in Madrid, no problem... and go take lessons in Seville once in a while what a beautiful place
Madrid is a lot of fun. Sevilla is amazing. I lived in southern Spain for several years and thought it was mind blowing.

It's hard not to be inspired by it all.
Old 21st May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboJets View Post
Madrid is a lot of fun. Sevilla is amazing. I lived in southern Spain for several years and thought it was mind blowing.

It's hard not to be inspired by it all.
I didnt have enough time in Andalusia, I will have to go back
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search