The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
5 compressors, demo video
Old 1 week ago
  #1
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
5 compressors, demo video

Just made this demo video to show 5 different compressors on bass, any questions, suggestions, comments more than welcome
(all description in video details)

Old 1 week ago
  #2
Gear Nut
 

Cool demo of some great comps. Love the bass playing too.
With Cyrus taking an extended break from Ovnilab--one of the web's greatest resources, in my opinion--this video help[s fill the void.
And it was great to see/hear the Smoothie in action, as well.
I'm kind of leaning toward the Smoothie and the FEA.
Do they still call these side-by-side comparisons shootouts? If so--again--great shootout.
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi77 View Post
Just made this demo video to show 5 different compressors on bass, any questions, suggestions, comments more than welcome
(all description in video details)
I have three of these (FEA, Origin, Smoothie) and find they are all very nice comps with different characters. Interesting to hear the API. Did you try to set them for comparable compression specs (gain, threshold, ratio, attack, etc.) or tweak settings to get the most pleasing performance for that particular bass, amp, performance? Very different approaches. Thanks for doing this.
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPXRH View Post
Cool demo of some great comps. Love the bass playing too.
With Cyrus taking an extended break from Ovnilab--one of the web's greatest resources, in my opinion--this video help[s fill the void.
And it was great to see/hear the Smoothie in action, as well.
I'm kind of leaning toward the Smoothie and the FEA.
Do they still call these side-by-side comparisons shootouts? If so--again--great shootout.
Thanks LPXRH
i heard he's back and there's fresh stock available
I know its very hard to do a compressor video but i made one anyway as i found none with these pedals. I like the api the cali and the ovni these days, i use the fea to do extreme low end dub-y stuff
I'm not sure, i dont like the term shoot-out lol more like just a showcase of what these different compressors do,
thanks again am thinking of doing a slightly more detailed video next time
Old 1 week ago
  #5
Gear Head
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robal View Post
I have three of these (FEA, Origin, Smoothie) and find they are all very nice comps with different characters. Interesting to hear the API. Did you try to set them for comparable compression specs (gain, threshold, ratio, attack, etc.) or tweak settings to get the most pleasing performance for that particular bass, amp, performance? Very different approaches. Thanks for doing this.
Thank you Robal i adjusted the settings on the compressors to what i usually use for gigs or sessions, so yes kind of whats best for my setup and playing

the api has 6 fixed compressor settings (attack and release are fixed) gain increases from 1 -6, 6 being the loudest so cant really match the attack/release settings to the others,
thanks again i am kind of new to this and am learning as i make more videos
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump