The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lets make a list of underrated guitars and boutique makers.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

While its a famous brand, I think the Fender Hiway One series is a really good value--american made strat or tele for under a grand--my son got one.

My son and I also found a sweet canadian acoustic guitar for. The information tag indicated that the manufacturer was a small company subsidized by the canadian government so canadian taxpayers were helping pay for the guitar! I don't recall the brand, but with acoustics I am always looking for indications they are made by a small company of people who really love the work they are doing. I am not this way with solid bodies--for no reason I can think of.

Also, I think carvins and now kiesel guitars don't get the respect they deserve, so one can find good deals on them.

Also, I have the sense that Japanese fenders or les paul clones from the 70s can represent a very high standard of build quality and are sort of a exception to my sense that asian guitars are generally lower quality than american ones.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
Sorry, but the devil horn offset on the Guild makes it uglier than the SG to me.

Plays good, though.
If a devil horn offset is not working, you are not playing enough SATANIC MUSIC!!!

totally kidding, but maybe Tony Iommi should have thought of this?????
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
Sorry, but the devil horn offset on the Guild makes it uglier than the SG to me.

Plays good, though.
Funny you should say that. I specifically dislike devil horns but half my guitars are devil horn guitars because they play so nice. It really disturbs me.

I don't get the connection between offset and either devil horns or ugly though. The squatty ass on the SG was a bad idea, as was the giant fat ass on the Junior.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search