The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite scarlett 2nd gen gain level
Old 13th January 2018
Here for the gear

Focusrite scarlett 2nd gen gain level

Hey guys! i purchased a scarlett 2nd gen. And Sorry but i dont understand! At what level should the gain be set? If i put it at 10 or 11 it clips (red), set at 9 its ok, but if you strum hard (orange), lower than that no clipping issues, but i lose a little bit of tone! Any tips? Now imagine and active instrument! Now, i dont understand the hz, khz, dbd etc... But how much of that should be going in the interface , daw etc..? Sorry for no having the knowledge lol thank's!
Old 14th January 2018
Here for the gear

Ignore the focusrite lights and watch the meters in your Daw. Aim for -18dB average and never clip.
I don't think you are losing tone. The lower volume foul you.
Old 14th January 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbrorplast View Post
Ignore the focusrite lights and watch the meters in your Daw. Aim for -18dB average and never clip.
I don't think you are losing tone. The lower volume foul you.
Thanks for the reply. I only see one meter, i think thats the output volume. Is that right? Using studio one 3
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search