The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Joe Perry vs Slash
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
arguing about which musician is 'best' (in any contest) is a pretty juvenile passtime.
Pissing contests usually are. Not that it ain't fun once in awhile, rubbernecking and all...

generally speaking, such comparisons, or god forbid top ten lists, are lazy Cliff Notes, devoid of nuance, detail and can often obfuscate actuality, rather than offering clarity/insight into whatever is trying to be discerned. It'll always be a dead end trying to forcibly coerce subjectivity upon those with entrenched views.

But again, just talking shop, no harm no foul, juvenility be damned...
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Pissing contests usually are. Not that it ain't fun once in awhile, rubbernecking and all...

generally speaking, such comparisons, or god forbid top ten lists, are lazy Cliff Notes, devoid of nuance, detail and can often obfuscate actuality, rather than offering clarity/insight into whatever is trying to be discerned. It'll always be a dead end trying to forcibly coerce subjectivity upon those with entrenched views.

But again, just talking shop, no harm no foul, juvenility be damned...
I generally save my water for writing poetry in the snow.

And, after all, I managed to sneak my own fave snarkily in, so my own sins are compound and compounded again by knowing better.

Still, that said, I listened to "Dream On" the other day again for what I believe was probably the first time since the 1970s (and I own the album) and decided that I was correct in my thinking at the time, they were generally admirable fin de siecle 'rock craftsmen' who (with whatever help they had, I'm not gonna look it up right now out of doddering old guy privilege) could really put together a rock anthem.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
I generally save my water for writing poetry in the snow.
I've published some collections under various pseudonyms:

Frosty Markings, by Whinter Spreyer

Flow in the Snow, by I. P. Freeley
Old 1 day ago
Quote:

Watch out where the huskies go....
Old 1 day ago
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
Watch out where the huskies go....

You're in trouble now.

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search