The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New UA OX Box Attenuator/Recording Solution for Guitar
Old 28th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Read my follow up post - what plays well for you may not work for me. Try them all out and sound and feel are subjective and don't translate from one guitarist to another.
Did you test the OX?
Old 29th October 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Read my follow up post - what plays well for you may not work for me. Try them all out and sound and feel are subjective and don't translate from one guitarist to another.
Couple thoughts: the whole point of the fuss over the Ox, from those of us that have played through it, is the remarkable extent to which it sounds nothing like any of the plugs you mentioned. That’s the whole point. None of what you mentioned comes close to the playability I mentioned ... plus the fact that you can enjoy previously unobtainable richness of tone through your amp speaker(s) at reduced volumes that are just downright fun to feel, play and hear. I’ll grant you that it’s more work than a simulation, but it also represents a completely new door in music - there just ain’t nothing else in the arena that does what the Ox accomplishes, and what it DOESNT do to sound. As for the price, $1200 is the low to mid level of where I expect quality gear to reside. But again, it’s subjective. I think if you only want to record your tube amps - and you know where the love is in those amps - the Ox is for you. It is a channeling tool, not a modeling tool.
Old 9th March 2019
I've had an OX in my home rig for a few months now. I can say it's really brought the level of quality on my home recordings up immeasurably. The main thing for me is that it is just so simple to get my sound out of my amps so quickly and to be able to get them into PT so easily. I've been able to get good recordings at home before many different ways, small amps mic-ed, various amp plugins but usually having to put a lot of work into getting something to sound like my amp. This thing is effortless for me to get the sound of my amp and I can choose to work silently at no cost to the sound.

Also, as the box and the software is independent from both PT and my Apollo interface it makes it much easier to put an extra overdub on a song when I'm in the more final stages of mixing and my processor on the Apollo may be loaded up.

The OX is really working for me.

Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

The OX is the best guitar related purchase I’ve made in years. Wow. Such an easy and fun way to get great recorded sounds out of my amps.
Old 29th July 2020
Here for the gear
OX Amp and Apollo 16?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed...but I just purchased the OX and am wondering what the best way to connect it to an Apollo 16 is, since the Apollo 16 doesn’t have spdif/digital. Would you take the Analog outs from the OX to a couple of mic pres into the Apollo? Thanks!
Old 30th July 2020
Gear Maniac

OX has "balanced TRS stereo line outputs" so use line level inputs on your Apollo16.
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

I’m still loving mine. Only thing I want are some 15 emulation for bass.
Old 3rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
I’m still loving mine. Only thing I want are some 15 emulation for bass.
Sold mine last Friday. Didn't do anything I couldn't do better ith the 2Notes. Or the Suhr IR. At half the price.
📝 Reply