The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How can I learn guitar in less time?
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Head

How can I learn guitar in less time?

It is possible to learn guitar in few days? If yes then give me some tips to learn guitar.
Old 17th February 2017
Geariophile

A few days? lol Just play it many hours a day and see when you arrive at 'this sounds pretty decent'. It won't be days.
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

The more you practice the quicker you'll learn. So spend every waking hour practicing and you'll get there. Not in a few days though, no chance.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Nut

Tall order :D

Maybe a song or two, relatively easy ones..Just keep at it, and eventually something will click
Old 17th February 2017
Geariophile

Tip: Practice on a guitar that sounds as good as you can possibly afford. Can't stand the concept of 'beginner's guitars', it's cruel, as in the beginning YOU sound like ****, so if at least the guitar resonates beautifully you have a reason to keep hitting it until you get better.
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Mastering anything in this life, including the creative stuff , typically sets you on a journey that can be roughly 10,000 hours. The only problem is, once you've put in 10k hours, you realise you only have a part of the picture and need to work another 10,000 hours at it. And then you get to a point where you realise it's actually a life long lesson. But don't take my word for it, pick up that guitar and get cracking and decide for yourself.
It takes hard work, personal sacrifice and a lot of time dedicated to learning and expanding.
Old 17th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Tip: Practice on a guitar that sounds as good as you can possibly afford. Can't stand the concept of 'beginner's guitars', it's cruel, as in the beginning YOU sound like ****, so if at least the guitar resonates beautifully you have a reason to keep hitting it until you get better.
We must have owned the same Silvertone at some point in our lives.
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

in a few days ............. YES.

take up Air Guitar.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

what's the hurry son?
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

@alexson judging by the links in your sig you want things microwave. Nothing in life you want to achieve takes less time.
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

You can't...unless it's air guitar you want to learn.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexson View Post
It is possible to learn guitar in few days?
Do you have access to a TARDIS?
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is possible to learn guitar in few days? If yes then give me some tips to learn guitar.
Concentrate on one chord And have really, REALLY low standards...
Old 18th February 2017
Here for the gear
Old 18th February 2017
Gear Maniac

I have been trying to learn to play guitar for 30 years and I still suck at it. It is different for everybody....Some people are a natural at it and some people (like me) should probably just give up and move on.
Old 18th February 2017
Gear Addict

Don't forget there are physical issues as well. If you practice hard from nothing your fingers on the frets will hurt but eventually will form callouses and not hurt. Unless you go for plastic surgery that's going to take time
Old 21st February 2017
Here for the gear

I don't play myself but my other half does. He's been at it for a year and definitely made progress but he's still amateur at best LOL Everyone learns differently so I can't speak for you but these things do take time and dedicated practice.
Old 21st February 2017
Lives for gear

well, it has been 4 days, lets hear from Hendrix and see how he is doing .. oh by the way, i would like to become a doctor in 2 days .. please tell me how !!!
Old 3rd March 2017
Here for the gear

Grab a nice entry-level learning book and practice.

then REPEATING!!! REPEATING!!! REPEATING!!!

Repeat and practice it slow is the key point no matter what you just start to learn is guitar or any other instrument.

You can use some APPs to practice easier.

like this FREE one..

https://itunes.apple.com/app/musicia...2979?l=en&mt=8
Old 3rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Study with a really good instructor.

When I was a kid I played constantly, was always trying to transcribe things, went through a ton of books and did as many of the lessons in GP, GFTPM (dating myself), etc... as I could manage.

My first month at Berklee my playing moved forward more than it had in (easily) the two years before. There wasn't any secret, it was just being around good players 24/7 and having access to great instructors.

Today, with Skype and everything out there there are so many wonderful people you can study face to face with.
Old 3rd March 2017
Geariophile

Starting to look like a complete 'bored teenager, let's see what these boffin freaks say to this nonsense' troll thread.....
Old 3rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Starting to look like a complete 'bored teenager, let's see what these boffin freaks say to this nonsense' troll thread.....
yep, been two weeks .. he has graduated medical school so we can stand down !!!
Old 3rd March 2017
Lives for gear
Ahhh but what can you truly MASTER in just a few days?

How to make an omelette? - I reckon given a few hundred eggs and a decent pan and stove plus a Michelin Star chef to instruct me I could absolutely MASTER the art of making an omellete in just a few days - so that you couldn't tell if it was my omelette or the Michelin Star chef's omelette.

What else can be completely "mastered" in a few days .... and nobody say "an album"
Old 3rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post

How to make an omelette? - I reckon given a few hundred eggs and a decent pan and stove plus a Michelin Star chef to instruct me I could absolutely MASTER the art of making an omellete in just a few days - so that you couldn't tell if it was my omelette or the Michelin Star chef's omelette.

What else can be completely "mastered" in a few days .... and nobody say "an album"
Nose Picking, Window Washing, Nose Picking, that's it !!!!
Old 4th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
Nose Picking, Window Washing, Nose Picking, that's it !!!!
Old 4th March 2017
Quote:
Is it possible to bake a 3 layer cake in 5 minutes?

Is it possible to learn Chinese in a few days?

Will we reach Alpha Centauri this year?

The answer to all these questions is the same.
Old 4th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post

A single?

Cooking a hot dog?
Old 4th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
A single?

Cooking a hot dog?
Is there an art to cooking a hot dog?

I didn't think there was anything to master .... unlike an omelette, now that can be tricky!
Old 4th March 2017
Lives for gear

this thread is hilarious.
IF there's a way I want to learn to play golf like a pro by Sunday!
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search