The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Epiphone Hummingbird 12 string
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Epiphone Hummingbird 12 string

I'm trying to sell off some gear in order to buy some new gear, and wanted to get rid of a couple guitars. I never play my hummingbird 12 string so I was thinking about getting rid of it, despite it being a pretty decent guitar.

When i went online to see what they're going for, I could find almost no information on it, except for a couple of posts by a guy who was trying to sell his for $700. Apparently they were only sold on music123 for a month back in 2007, which is where/when i got it.

Does anyone know anything about these and what they might be worth? $700 doesnt seem very realistic, but ya never know.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Per Reverb about 250ish seems to be the going rate... Take it into Guitar Center and see what they'll give ya for it... As I recall, they'll pay about 60% of what they'll resell it for.
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Yeah that's about what I had thought it would be worth, but that guy's posts put a shadow of a doubt in my mind. I didnt want to go selling it cheap if it was worth more.

Its almost like this guitar never existed. It's not on epiphone's out of production section, and the serial number wasn't recognized. Weird.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrock View Post
Yeah that's about what I had thought it would be worth, but that guy's posts put a shadow of a doubt in my mind. I didnt want to go selling it cheap if it was worth more.

Its almost like this guitar never existed. It's not on epiphone's out of production section, and the serial number wasn't recognized. Weird.
It's a gorgeous instrument... It's probably one of those deals where you sell it now for 250 and then 30 years from now see it on eBay going for a million bucks because it's rare
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

I think in 30 years you will see it going for about $250-$300 because it's a epiphone.
L.
Old 25th December 2016
I think in 30 years you'll see it going for about $250-300 because it's almost certainly a plywood top.
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Lol. On the bright side, I guess I should almost break even on it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still curious why epiphone doesn't give any indication that they ever made them.
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Maybe they were in their college years... Experimenting...

Not proud of it kinda deal

Lol
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
I think in 30 years you'll see it going for about $250-300 because it's almost certainly a plywood top.
Wondering if that might be AAA rated plywood.
L.
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Where are you listing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrock View Post
I'm trying to sell off some gear in order to buy some new gear, and wanted to get rid of a couple guitars. I never play my hummingbird 12 string so I was thinking about getting rid of it, despite it being a pretty decent guitar.

When i went online to see what they're going for, I could find almost no information on it, except for a couple of posts by a guy who was trying to sell his for $700. Apparently they were only sold on music123 for a month back in 2007, which is where/when i got it.

Does anyone know anything about these and what they might be worth? $700 doesnt seem very realistic, but ya never know.
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
Where are you listing it?
I haven't listed it anywhere yet because I wanted to learn more about it. If I do I'll probably just put it up locally on CL or offerup.
Old 25th July 2018
Here for the gear

hey,

so, whatever happened with this guitar ?

petebed
Old 25th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petebed View Post
hey,

petebed
Still have it. Lol
Old 25th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
hey,

petebed
Still have it. Lol
Old 25th July 2018
Here for the gear

Still want to sell it or you decided to keep it after all ?

Pete
Old 26th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Still want to sell it or you decided to keep it after all ?

Pete
Ya know, I used it a couple of times after my original post and decided to keep it. It's one of those things I rarely use, but when I need it I'm glad it's still there.
Old 26th July 2018
Here for the gear

ok... just curious, does it have a pick-up on it ?

thanks,

pete
Old 26th July 2018
Gear Maniac

No pick-up, straight acoustic.
Old 1st August 2018
Here for the gear

Well if you ever decide to sell it, I could be interested...
Pete
[email protected]
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search