The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Have you guys tried...
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

Have you guys tried...

I currently don't have a bass rig right now for my studio. I'm just DI'ing for the moment. I was wondering if any has tried to use a guitar head to hook up a bass cab. I was thinking of using a fender blues de ville for this. Would this work??

Thanks,
Perry
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

Yes... Done that a few times with a Hiwatt Head >>> 2 x 12. works very nicely!

I'm guessing you'll get quite a hi-fi tone from teh clean channel on the Blues DeVille.

Just check what the bottom end is doing to the speakers >>> <<< If the do that, you may have to turn down or reduce bass freqs
Old 29th January 2007
Gear Maniac

I've also used a hiwatt with quite good results but a proper rig is certainly preferred.
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

Don't forget to audition the Sansamp Bass driver DI... Very flexible and great "amp" sound plus active DI when in bypass, plus you get a parallel direct signal output to go to an amp or another input channel, plus another 2 outputs to send the amp sim sound to an amp.(1/4 inch) and to a board (XLR)

Very cool, very satisfying bass sounds that sit in the mix, and the feel is nice too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search