The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
John Petrucci-Suspended Animation
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

John Petrucci-Suspended Animation

what does everyone think of this album? i personally love it songwise and tonewise
highly recommend it to anyone who hasnt heard it, even if you're not a DT fan.

yes theres a good amount of shredding, but theres also some wonderful melodies and very tasteful playing. if you think petrucci's just a shredder with no soul, this cd could change your mind. definitely my favorite instrumental guitar CD along with Eric Johnson's Venus Isle!

i believe he's using a mesa road king w/ his custom ernie ball music man for this cd.

thoughts?...
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Addict

Obviously a great talent.... but it's hard to see his name without thinking of this awesome video.
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

haha yea ive seen all of those theyre great...but lets talk about the album!! heh
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

I love him but I thought the cd only had a few good parts. Obviously you disagree. Not very imaginative to me though. I cant stand guitar albums that just start with a rhythm and then just solo over that same rhythm.

I was hoping for more. Have you listened to him in Liquid Tension Experiment---songs like When The Water Breaks, and the like, are just fantastic...very epic and unique
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
I love him but I thought the cd only had a few good parts. Obviously you disagree. Not very imaginative to me though. I cant stand guitar albums that just start with a rhythm and then just solo over that same rhythm.

I was hoping for more. Have you listened to him in Liquid Tension Experiment---songs like When The Water Breaks, and the like, are just fantastic...very epic and unique
im with you on liking LTE better than suspended animation. as far as instrumental stuff goes, nothing compares to LTE for me...but i still think suspended animation is great for what its doing(more poppy as opposed to progressive) good point though, LTE is the best!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search