The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amp Setup with 3 Amps and 2 Cabs
Old 15th November 2015
  #1
Lives for gear
 
pete's Avatar
 

Amp Setup with 3 Amps and 2 Cabs

hey guys
I have a setup with 3 amps and 2 cabs in my studio and I´d like to be able to route every amp to every cab with a switchbox - is there anything like that on the market?
thx for your help!
Old 16th November 2015
  #2
Lives for gear
 

RADIAL! Look at their rackmount as well as cabbone speaker cab switcher and headbone valve tube switcher.

Prepare to spend a pretty penny on this kind of thing though. However, it is totally worth it, there's a reason you see some sort of Radial switcher in almost every pro rig.
Old 16th November 2015
  #3
Gear Guru
 
Muser's Avatar
I believe Kahayan Amp Speaker Selectors are designed for that kind of thing
Old 17th November 2015
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Webb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
I believe Kahayan Amp Speaker Selectors are designed for that kind of thing
I was going to mention this as I've been thinking about getting one.

Kahayan Pro-Audio
Old 17th November 2015
  #5
Gear Guru
 
Muser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
I was going to mention this as I've been thinking about getting one.

Kahayan Pro-Audio
right. they look pretty fit for the job from what some reviewers say
Old 17th November 2015
  #6
Lives for gear
 
pete's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
right. they look pretty fit for the job from what some reviewers say
thx guys
did anyone compared it to the ampete 444 and knows why the ampete is more than double the price of the kahayan?
Old 17th November 2015
  #7
Sound Sculpture made a unit called The Headtrip. Its been discontinued for a few years and I have been bugging them for a while to build more. I will midi switch 3 heads and dummy load them when not used and route into 2 cabinets and has two fx loops. I wish I had never sold mine.
Old 18th November 2015
  #8
Gear Guru
 
Muser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
thx guys
did anyone compared it to the ampete 444 and knows why the ampete is more than double the price of the kahayan?
The guy in the review, who looks like he should know (to me) reckons it's transparent,
unlike the others he's tried. you'd have to determine that yourself of course.
Old 20th November 2015
  #9
Lives for gear
 
pete's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamandaSD View Post
RADIAL! Look at their rackmount as well as cabbone speaker cab switcher and headbone valve tube switcher.

Prepare to spend a pretty penny on this kind of thing though. However, it is totally worth it, there's a reason you see some sort of Radial switcher in almost every pro rig.
radials max is 2 amps and one speaker - I have 3 speakers I have to switch
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump