The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Smart AV, the designers of the original Smart Console, have created a new worksurface that aims to provide ergonomic control over your favorite DAW. The Tango’s small footprint fits into editing suites, overdub rooms, smaller mixing suites and home studios. Tango features

• motorized faders
  • a giant 22-inch touchscreen
  • dozens of buttons and touch-sensitive rotary encoders that make for a comfortable user experience.
Currently, there are presets for popular apps like Pro Tools, Logic and Cubase with extended support for Nuendo and Pyramix.

Discussions

Should I wait to buy a control surface?

...of users report that they are often finicky and do not work well with DAWs. I have finally decided upon a Tango. Combination of faders and a touch screen. Best of both worlds. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but will be well worth it.

View Post

Craigslist Killers- any gear buying/selling solutions?

Just buy a gun and take it with you. Keep it cocked and ready to tango.

View Post

Is it time to turn the monitor off and just listen?

I mix on a Smart AV Tango running Cubase and the Tango is so well integrated that it's like running a console . All my plug ins map to the control strip , accurate song markers let the Tango move throughout the song, the "chair " mode navigates the mixer channels , and all...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?