The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

There seem to be two types of mix engineers: those who own a pair of the original units this plug is inspired by, and those who want to. I can't give you the original, but I can give you my twisted take on it. For starters, I tweaked the distortions to make them fuzzier, because I have a fondness for dirt & grime. I added a 250Hz sidechain HPF option which leaves all bass frequencies uncompressed, as well as a 6kHz sidechain 'push' to smooth out harsh, aggressive stuff. Most compressors press sounds back, this one pushes them forward. The original is in every million dollar studio, now my version can be in yours.

Discussions

3 New Plugins from Sly-Fi… by UBK, but not Kush!

...even better deal. AU & VST now, AAX coming in the fall. iLok 2 required (commence the stone throwing!) Learn more: sly-fi-digital “Deflector is the closest model to the <bleep> I’ve ever heard, the real one in my rack is feeling the heat!” -Don Gunn (Death Cab for Cutie, Soundgarden, Lindsey Sterling, King Crimson) "Kaya is the only thing...

View Post

3 New Plugins from Sly-Fi… by UBK, but not Kush!

I'm really impressed w/ deflector... Thoughtful feature to have three options of distortion -- including none. I took some stems over to my normal studio gear house and had them set up a couple of distressors for me to futz around with... Cool unit... But, for my compression needs, this plug sounds...

View Post

"Brauerize" process questions

Well, you CAN demo the FG Stress if you already have an iLok or Gobbler account so I'd say demo Arousor and Stress and compare them including Disto since you already have that. Stress is great and a more accurate emulation of a Distressor, but Arousor is by no means not as good. You'll find...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?