The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

There's a reason the eq that inspired this plugin has endured 45 years of musical fashion & trends: it does all the right things to sound. But even a stunning classic isn't safe from UBK's meddling tastes! For starters, this eq's curves are a bit tighter than the original. Next, UBK added a Saturation knob to overdrive a customized op-amp. That knob generates a very creamy, lush distortion, he'll often use the Sat on its own, no EQ'ing. It's fat, and very much a signature Sly-Fi sound! Stepped/fixed controls can be perfect, or they can get in the way, so a UBK mode where all freq and gain knobs sweep freely was added Last, both a classic 'A' and modern 'B' mode switch was added with the UBK mode, so you can choose the one that works best for each track.

Discussions

Nominate your favourite saturation plug-ins

...subtler : doesn’t distort audibly, yet keeps peaks in check and adds a nice layer of fat down there. - SlyFi Axis : more an eq, and it has already been said, but the saturation is excellent, has a bit from its hardware inspired distortion, but drives even more into its own crunchy goodness. - U-he...

View Post

Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter

Thanks for your comment Pro5. Fuse may in fact have a little something for you in the pipeline, character EQ-wise, neither an E27 nor a 32c, though ;) Best, Ray

View Post

HoRNet SW34EQMK2, new life for an analog classic

I (briefly) put this up against Sly-Fi Axis, and I very quickly got an almost indistinguishable sound, even (especially?) with the saturation, which is one of Axis' strongest features. Not having used the original, I agree with everyone that the EQ pop-ups are crazy irritating. It was a good idea in theory, but not in...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?