The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Setting up for a vocal overdub session? How would you like access to a coveted German large-diaphragm condenser mic from the early 1960s? No problem. Why not pair that with the channel strip from a classic '70s British console? Done. Using advanced physical modeling and state-of-the-art digital signal processing techniques, this hybrid microphone and preamp modeling system gives you access to virtually any signal path tone you can imagine. The system includes an extremely transparent and totally flat ML-1 large-diaphragm condenser microphone. The sonically neutral VMS ONE Linear Preamp ensures minimal coloration, giving you a clean slate for preamp modeling. The VMS plug-in software lets you completely change the tonal characteristics of your recording, even after the fact. Choose from a massive collection of classic vintage mic and preamp models, as well as unique models for advanced recording techniques. You can re-create countless iconic recording chains most engineers can only dream of getting their hands on!

Discussions

Slate Digital Launches The VIRTUAL MICROPHONE SYSTEM

Hey guys! Recently I've recorded a HipHop track with the talented German rapper ALDO with VMS. Even if you don't understand the lyrics, feel free to listen to it and to give some feedback :) ALDO - Represent To get some nice old school vibe I've used the FG-67 MKII mic model and the FG-76...

View Post

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

Relax dude, I'm only trying to understand your situation, no offence intended at all. Your reply doesn't address the main point; tracking with plugins may actually be more detrimental to the process/workflow. Ever tried tweaking a compressor while you're the one singing? Not only is it hard (and takes iterations to get right), it's 100% pointless....

View Post

Slate Digital VRS8 Thunderbolt Interface - Now Available

...I suspected...but I see in other posts here on GS Steven gave endorsement to RME interfaces for use with the VMS system, which is one of the reasons I'm strongly looking at RME right now. Will a Fireface 802 get me into the ball park at least? I simply don't have the finances to go...

View Post

Video Guides