The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Slate Digital Announces FG-STRESS: Official Distressor Emulation

Hi guys. I'm very sorry to those who are annoyed by the delays in FG-Stress. However, we've added so many incredible plugins to the Slate arsenal over the past two years. You have eight amazing reverbs in one plugin (and a new expansion coming), incredible vintage and modern delays, you have tons of...

View Post

FG-Stress Distressor Emulation - Now Available

LAUNCH VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZbGFY-Hs80 The FG-Stress is a licensed 1:1 emulation of the Empirical Labs Distressor. Every aspect of the Distressor has been recreated, including the unique topology of each of its ratios, and its proprietary audio and detection path options. FG-Stress, like its hardware counterpart, is one of the most musical and versatile compressors available. ...

View Post

HW Worth Owning for Mixing Hybrid?

Oh Boy...This sounds like a trap man! :lol: I have so many plugins and seem to be going back to the same few as I refine my ITB workflow but this sounds interesting. I see the Arouser has a one year subscription as well. Maybe I'll give that a go and see how I get...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The Distressor is one of the most iconic studio compressors in the pro audio business. When it was first introduced in the 90’s, it was one of the most innovative concepts the industry had ever seen. It could sound like so many other classic compressors, but at the same time, it was also unique with it’s own musical character. You cannot go into a professional recording studio without seeing a Distressor sitting in the racks. And because of this incredible prestige, the Distressor has also been one of Slate Digital’s most customer requested plugin emulations. The Slate Digital DSP team, led by our cofounder Fabrice Gabriel, worked hard to ensure that every single detail of the hardware was perfectly recreated, from the subtle harmonic tones to the precise timing characteristics, and even it’s special modes like the Opto mode and Nuke mode. The FG-Stress, like its hardware counterpart, is capable of an extremely wide variety of tones that will work on all kinds of material. You can get this wonderful processor along with thousands of dollars worth of other great pro audio plugins in the Slate Digital Everything Bundle starting at only $14.99, or buy it in the Slate Digital Webshop. So don’t stress about plugin compression, and happy mixing.