The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The FG-N is a digital recreation of one of the most classic discrete Class A British equalizers from the 70’s. All aspects of the circuit are modeled, including the rich harmonics and saturations that naturally occur when the equalizer is in use. The original model only contained one mid band, so we thought it would be nice to double it so that it has two mid bands. This equalizer is lush, fat, and bold. It sounds great on everything from drums to vocals, and can even add the perfect saturation to synth and electronic tracks. High-Shelf The High-Shelf has only one Gain Control. This band operates at a fixed frequency. EQ Bands 1 and 2 The EQ Bands have two controls : Frequency and Gain. Clicking on the frequency value labels will snap the Frequency Knob to the indicated value. Low-Shelf The Low-Shelf Band has two controls : Frequency and Gain. Clicking on the frequency value labels will snap the Frequency Knob to the indicated value. High-Pass Filter The High-pass Filter Frequency Knob controls the frequency of the high-pass filter. When set to "Off", the High-Pass is disabled. Line & Drive Line gain reduces the headroom of the equalizer, driving it into saturation and increasing the output level. You’ll notice it’s effect especially when using the filter gains. With Drive enabled, the Line gain output will be compensated by the same level that it is raised. Providing the same saturation effects without an increase in level.

Discussions

Brainworx vs Steven Slate emulations

Hi Deleted User. Right now the only common pieces that UAD and Slate have are FG-S EQ, FG-N EQ, FG-116 FET Compressor. In our tests, we can nearly null out the FG-S and FG-N with the UAD versions because they are ridiculously close, so I'm surprised by your comments. Regarding the FG-116,...

View Post

Slate Releases the FG-A Vintage American Equalizer

I'm really digging this EQ, much more than FG-S and FG-N. Smooth and colorful. Wonderful addition to VMR!

View Post

Why are UAD Plugins sounding that much better? A serious question

...follower of your posts on GS. I have a request to you. Having nearly all real gears, How does Slate's FG-N, FG 73, esp Blue Vintage 116, FG-API EQ sounds against real hardware's you have. Also if i add VCC Brit 4K E after FG-S, in view of adding VCA saturation will it sound identical...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?