The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

X2U - XLR to USB Interface

Shure X2U - XLR to USB Interface
0 Own It
0 Used It
0 Want It
0 Watch It

Description

Adapter transforms your favorite XLR microphone to a USB microphone for digital recording.

• Features headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
  • Provides phantom power for use with condenser microphones
  • Offers an integrated pre-amp that allows control of input signal strength
  • Includes X2u, USB cable, zippered storage bag, and user guide

Discussions

SM7B + Cloudlifter + X2U Combo?

Thanks for input. I just received a confirmation from a Cloud representative! "Yes, the CL-1 will work nicely with the X2U and the SM7b! The noise floor should drop significantly. We've tested one in the past, so I am confident that you will be very happy. Please let me know if I can help in anyway." kfhkh

View Post

Crackling noise coming out the SM7B microphone

...it's normalized so you can hear it clearly. There's only a XLR male to female cable between the microphone and my X2U adapter. My previous microphone AT2035 didn't have this issue and was also connected to the X2U. The suspects here are the XLR cable or the SM7B itself. RX Denoiser doesn't seem to recognize the...

View Post

Condenser mic paired w/ USB audio interface: Any worse than a standard interface?

...phantom powering for two mic preamps, plus powering a headphone amp and running the electronics and conversion. So your Shure X2u is not doing anything that is unusual or difficult. A nice condenser will sound just like... wait for it... a nice condenser. As for “getting the most out of the microphone” from...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides