The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Impact of Preamp vs Impact of Mic

...the drums. But I have a buttload of mics from which to choose, from 87's to 451's to 4050's, 57's, RE20's, SM7's, 441's and 421's, 414's, TLM103, Sony's, Rodes, iSK's, old EV's, etc... I need all those mics, and want more. The preamps... meh. The ones I have work just fine. A few clean, a...

View Post

Impact of Preamp vs Impact of Mic

...Rae style vocals as their main instrument or banjo or their cello and all you’ve got is an SM7 and 10 different flavors of Neve? What happens when you get a prolific Bluegrass band in or a solid Jazz trio and all you have is your 58 with fake Bono autograph but don’t own...

View Post

Choosing the right Mic for my Voice Type

...make suggestions for you is to show us recordings of your voice. Descriptors only go so far. That said, the SM7 is a great all-purpose mic that works on most voices, though if you want to emphasize the air in your voice it might not be the best choice. It's commonplace in Hip Hop...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

Shure’s SM7 was introduced in 1976 and is available today as the SM7B. The mic began life as a broadcast microphone and was essentially a development on the earlier SM5 model. For the development of the SM7, Shure engineers were given the SM57 cartridge elements (Unidyne III) and asked, without restrictions on size or cost to essentially make it better.