The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

An industry standard for performance and recording, the versatile and rugged SM57 is an exceptional instrument microphone and vocal microphone.

• Handheld or mountable microphone for guitars, vocals, and other instruments in live sound and recording applications
  • Dynamic cartridge with cardioid polar pattern
  • Available with or without a cable
  • Includes SM57, microphone clip, storage bag, and user guide

Discussions

Solid State Logic launches SSL 2 and SSL 2+ Audio Interfaces

...Shootout video featuring the 2+ up against the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, and Golden Age Pre 73 tested with a Shure SM57 and a Rode NT1-A. I also fed some loops into it from my Yamaha SU700 sampler/drum machine, with and without 4K Mode, and did a quick test to see if the 4K Mode...

View Post

What's in YOUR mic locker???

2 X Oktava 219 2 X Roswell Audio Mini K47 Beyer M201 Beyer M88 N-Sonic NS1 Beyer M61 Sennheiser 906 Sennheiser 609 AKG 414 Sennheiser e602 Electrovoice RE320 2 X SM57 MXL V69 I don't even get to record my band that often, but it's nice to have enough mics to be able to and to have a couple of options. I've also got some random live...

View Post

Help me choose mic under 150 (AKG 120, Studio Projects B1, Sterling SP150, SE X1, MXL

...on Gearslutz and more Googling and seems I got sidetracked on a different mic again. In summary, most of them suggests SM57 over condensers in this range for the following reasons: - Works better in an untreated room - No harsh highs of cheap condensers - No studios shouldn't have SM57 - Classic proven sound Initially I was looking for...

View Post

Video Guides