The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The KSM141 is a dual-pattern end-addressed condenser microphone with a rotating collar, allowing easy switching between a consistent cardioid or true omnidirectional polar pattern for smooth and extremely focused sound reproduction. Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM141 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording musical instruments. Features

• A mechanical polar pattern switch for highly consistent cardioid and true omnidirectional polar patterns. Provides flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
  • Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
  • Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
  • Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
  • Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
  • Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
  • Three-position switchable low-frequency filter to reduce background noise and counteract proximity effect

Discussions

CM3 - really THAT good?

...noise, which is way down there really a small difference... or is it? Sounds good as in - "like Rode NT5, KSM141, sound OK, but not great as Schoeps" or - "good" as in "sounds very similar, but more noisy"... Anyway, I'll get them soon and post some examples between CM3 and Gefell M70 and UM70...

View Post

Stero pair to record classical music

...when the time comes to upgrade. I'm sorry, but I could make a perfectly acceptable recording with a pair of KSM141. Remember it's not the tool, it's the craftsman. The Line audio stuff is all a bit too noisy for my tastes. Sorry, I've never had any love for either the Octavia or Beyer...

View Post

CM3 - really THAT good?

...now my only stereo pair and I can live with it... I can also borrow Sennheiser MKH40 and Shure KSM141 if I need more or different... I also use more dynamic mics for percussion and ethnic flutes - notably Sennheiser MD441... my favourite mic overall... I used MKH40 to record a minimalist record with...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?