The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Building a Studio - $10k-$20k budget, Help with Gear!

...$1680 (2) BeesNeez LuLu tube mics - $1039 (2) CAD M179 mics - $250 (2) Cascade Fathead II - $400 Shure SM7B - $350 Shure DMK57-52 - Beta 52A, 3 SM57s, and 3 drum mounts. $400 (8) boom stands - $89 (4) short boom tripods - $75 1000' Canare L4E6S - $410 20 F-XLR + 20 M-XLR - $95 50 TRS - $100 Add some...

View Post

"Space" funk production techniques and equipment

Ingredients: Pianos: Rhodes. Drums: Dry recorded drum kit. (try using different sets of microphones to experiment with the sound) But a Shure DMK57-52 is a good way to start. Synthesizers (mono): I don't think it's a MOOG what i hear. More like an Arp synthesizer. Try the Arp Odyssey (try the new Full Size version from Korg while...

View Post

Telefunken DD5 drum mics vs Shure

...than the Shure PGA series stuff. It's entry level gear, the other two are not. I would pick the Shure DMK57-52 (3-57's and a Beta 52) over the PGA series mics in a heartbeat... In answer to your question, the Tele mics are built like tanks and are seriously pro; the M80-SH snare mic is...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The DMK57-52 Drum Mic Kit is a conveniently packaged selection of microphones and mounts, designed to offer a core package of microphones for recording and performing drummers at a great price. Features

• SM57: The industry standard for snare, and a reliable, high-performing choice for toms, the Shure SM57 features a contoured frequency response that cuts through the mix with exceptional impact, while reproducing sound accurately.
  • BETA 52A®: Perfect for the kick drum, this mic derives low-end punch and sonic presence from a carefully tailored frequency response. Equipped with its own pneumatic shock mount, the BETA 52A is designed with an integral locking stand mount for easy set up.
  • A56D: This universal drum mount system can be used to position mics virtually anywhere -- drum rims, mic stands, even cymbal stands. Designed with captive parts to prevent the loss of individual pieces, the A56D is small, secure, and can be used with any standard mic.
  • Carrying case included.