The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Shure Beta 56A microphone has a frequency response specifically tailored for drums and instruments. Its extremely uniform supercardioid pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.A builtin dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation. The stand adapter keeps the microphone securely in place, even if it is struck by a drumstick. Typical Beta 56A applications include close miking of tomtoms and other percussion instruments, as well as guitar amplifiers, brass instruments, and woodwinds.Shure BETA 56A Features Tailored frequency response provides drums, amplified instruments, and horns with studio quality sound Builtin stand adapter with dynamic locking system and XLR connector simplifies setup and provides greater flexibility Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of offaxis sound Compact design reduces stage clutter Hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse Neodymium magnet for high signaltonoise ratio output Minimally affected by varying load impedance Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration Legendary Shure quality and reliability Shure BETA 56A Specifications Type: Dynamic (moving coil) Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage -51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV) / (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL) Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type) Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille Adjustable, Locking Stand Adapter Integral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8"-27 thread Net Weight: 468 grams (16.7 oz)

Discussions

Any opinions on Electro-Voice PL35 for snare?

...3 of the PL35's and plan to purchase 6 more. I did an A B against the EV PL35, Shure Beta 56a and Beta 57 earlier tonight on the drums. All 3 mics had the exact same db output using identical settings on our console +/- 1db. On toms, the beta 56 and 57...

View Post

8th mic on drum set... What to do?

...traffic noise. What I have mic-wise and what I'm thinking so far: 1 - Kick: AKG D112 MkII 2 - Snare top: Shure Beta 56A 3, 4 - OH: 2 x Shure SM137 (not to be confused with KSM137, apparently it's the same as the old KSM109) 5, 6 - Rack toms: 2 x Beyer M201 7 - Floor tom:...

View Post

8th mic on drum set... What to do?

Best would be to try the most logical combinations and make a short rec of each. Then you, even listening with the drummer, can decide what you like most and go for it. Personally, I find often useful to replace the toms hit with samples of the same drums in the same ambience. I don't do...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?