The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

Vintage Dynamic Hi-Z microphone with Great Vintage Tone. Shure "Unisphere B" Model 588SA has an excellent DEEP Tone that is great for Harp Playing or for "Fuzzy" Vocals. The 3 pin XLR connector at the bottom of the mic is wired for high impedance operation with pin 3 hot (not pin 2 as in Low Impedance XLR operation) The ball on this model mic is one of the smaller sizes making it easier to hold and cup for harmonica and the mic provides a nice deep warm (Butterfield-like) tone.

Discussions

Help hooking up old Shure mics?

I acquired two Shure mics... Unidyne PE58 and a Unisphere 588SA -Do these need special connectors? What's any easy, quick, inexpensive way to get these working with my pre-amps? I have a pre-amp with a variable impedance knob, so hi-z shouldnt be a problem.

View Post

...plug. When I've used this mic I just plug into the INST Hi-Z input of a preamp or amplifier. The 588SA will need a cable that is wired like in this link.... How to Wire an XLR to a 1/4" Jack Might be able to do XLR to XLR in a similar way by jumping pin...

View Post

i got an amphenol connector and was about to wire my own, but a friend called and sold me a cord for 4 dollars. :) ...i'm not too happy with the Unidyne A PE58... it's heavy, its big and bulky, you'd think it is good, but it was kind of peaky, hurt my ears a bit....

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?