View Single Post
Old 6th December 2013
Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!

Hi,

Couple weeks ago I bought an old Fernandes Stratocaster guitar (80's I think) and my friend who repairs guitars took care of it. I replaced body with a new one, changed humbucker and here comes the problem:

This not sustainer FSK 101 or 401 model, it's much older. And my friend doesn't know how to connect all the cables so Sustainer could work both - as sustainer and (after switching it off) as a normal single pickup.

I e-mailed Fernandes and they replied with info:

"Unfortunately this appears to be an old sustainer system, one of the first ones from the early 1990's that we haven't really dealt with here at USA office. We don't have any information about it here but we are attempting to get it from headquarters in Japan. As soon as I have anything about it I will let you know."

So I'm waiting almost week now and I thought maybe someone here can help me fix this.

I added photos in attachment how it looks like.

P.S. Before switching body of the guitar, there was 3-way switch and neck pickup wasn't working as normal pickup.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-1-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-2-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-3-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-4-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image.jpg