View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
SoSueMe- you're absolutely correct.

This is why I didn't ever post any of the tests I did when I was first trying the Pueblos. I did a shootout during a sound check between them and my Forssell pres. However, to make sure they were behaving to their absolute highest quality, I plugged the mics directly into each pre. However, that also meant that I wasn't always recording the exact same music/performance/etc... Didn't feel like dealing with the GS "experts" that didn't listen to the test and just want to poke holes in the method.

And Rumi- glad that you're finally going to get a way to listen to the Pueblos. I think you're going to be happy with them.

--Ben

And yes, let me state that clearly here: I will hopefully find the time to record some comparisons, and I will likely post them here. I will be careful and thorough, but I certainly won't be able to fulfil all expectations.

If you think my tests are flawed, please go and read a different thread, or jump up and down until you feel calm and neutral. Don't post here. Unless you contribute with constructive input on how to improve the tests to have a more meaningful outcome.

If I post my files, it is meant as a contribution. Everyone is free to take out of them what feels appropriate for you. If there is nothing in it for you, so be it.

Don't take it as the truth. Make your own tests! And most of all, record some great music. That's what it's all about.

Okay, it's said.