View Single Post
Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
I always think in the 500 Series that having to design the actual unit, then fit components to size and or source them, make sure your not in a redundant scenario, then draw up the plans, design a 1 or 2 rack size, then tool up, start production and await for returns on a 500 Series FX Processor seems possibly a bridge to far, I understand that the 500 series has become popular again, though 500 series units do have physical parameters that would certainly make an investor nervous, a 19" rack format would seem much more likely and able in the new FX Scenario IMHO. Though Points to Moog for that 500 rack design. If anything I imagine a Euro-Mod style Synth system would be the 1st to gain in this area as it's deeply invested with DIY people making Kits and Pre-Made Units are market attractive already.
Moog also have a fantastic filter for the 500 series that works the same way. I'm gearing up to get get a pair of both. *They are on the list. The Analog Delay Alone is worth it.

Again I think Anamod, or Steven Slate and Co...maybe both could do it as a joint one off. I'm not sure that you'd have to do exactly the same so much as model the parts in the conversion that give it that classic tone. The digital side to the actual reverb / FX processing could easily be plug in based and be controlled via MIDI. It's a specialized product, but with the right marketing it could work...there's always a pair of those units in the rack behind Chris Lord-Alge for example. Get someone like him to try it out and sign off on it and you'd be done.