thread: Audiosparx
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
I just went and checked out a lot of your stuff (I remember you post in the music library thread).

Your 90s children/adventure movie stuff sounds great. Makes me feel very nostalgic for films like Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Do you sell a lot of that stuff? Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it seems too good for what I often hear on TV.

I noticed a lot of the U2 type stuff seems to do well, which is good for me as most of the guitar stuff I do is really influenced by that sound. Also the dramatic trailer-y stuff I think I could do well with.
Thanks. Well, a lot of my stuff gets used in games and animations - one of those tracks was also used in a show at an aquarium. That's what I like about Audiosparx - it's not just TV. I've had quite a few live performance licenses. The Sony World Photography awards used some of my stuff at the live event, too.

The dramatic trailer-y stuff is good to aim for. I'm trying to get into trailers too. Most of the other types of stuff I do, like TV and Radio music is for other exclusive libraries that I work a bit harder for

You can definitely make good money on buyout libraries, though. I still earn royalties from my placements through audiosparx. I've landed a few TV commercial licenses with them through-out Europe which do well.