View Single Post
Old 25th September 2006
Viking

If someone had been messing with the levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
First of hello Bruce S. Glad to see you hear. I'm a huge fan of your work with Michael J. and loved your book.
I'm also a big fan of Mr Teddy Riley. That Dangerous album was great.
Now the questions...

1. When you first met him what did you think?

2. Had you ever heard his music before you worked with him?

3. I heard that when he was working on some tracks for Mike that when he first brought them to Mike and yourself, Mike sent him back into the lab because the tracks wasn't there yet. When he came back a second time, Mike's mouth dropped and Mike and yourself thought they were amazing tracks. Is there any truth to this.

4. How was it working with Teddy and what did you learn?

5. The tracks sounded so huge and up front. Maybe because there wasn't a lot going on in the songs track wise. Was that planned to do the songs like that?

6. Teddy's Kicks and snrs are amazing and very very out front and punchy. How did you want to record the drums for Teddy and as well how did you want to mix them? When you turned your back, did Teddy push up the snare +1db. Then when you guys went to lunch, You Mike and Teddy were walking out of the building and Teddy stops everytime and says "Sorry guys, Forgot my wallet in the studio. Be right back, and he goes in the studio and turns up the Kick +2db and the snare another +4db. Hahaha...

7. Do you think other than Quincey, That Teddy did the best job with Mike than all the other producers he's worked with after Q?

Thanx for you years of Recording/Mixing..

M2E
Marc......

Teddy Riley is the greastest!!!! Teddy is a superb musician. I absolutely loved working with him. I have never seen Teddy riley do anything like that!------->You Mike and Teddy were walking out of the building and Teddy stops everytime and says "Sorry guys, Forgot my wallet in the studio. Be right back, and he goes in the studio and turns up the Kick +2db and the snare another +4db. Hahaha...<-----That makes a silly story, but it wouldn't build trust. You don't think that Michael and I would hear if someone had been messing with the levels?

NO WAY.....

Both Michael and I admire and love Teddy Riley. I wouldn't be able to say that if----------->When you turned your back, did Teddy push up the snare +1db.<------------Deception like you describe will kill a relationship, in an instant...

Bruce Swedien