thread: Queens, NY.
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovestand View Post
Frank,

I'm sorry for your trials.

I didn't mean to be insensitive. I am just grateful. People I work with are sleeping on the floor of their offices and my friend found a FISH in what's left of her grandmom's sofa!

I know the devastation is far reaching and no joke and I feel for those who lost so much in the storm. It was kind of surreal to be going to work in the midst of all of this.

Shoot me a PM if you want to chat.

I will try to change the title of the thread out of respect for the harder hit areas.
It's all good. I think that some people in other parts of Queens might not realize how bad off some of Queens actually is. As it is, it's difficult to get information so some people might not be aware.

I'm grateful that other neighborhoods escaped this because the system is stretched so thin that if all of Queens was hit this hard, it would take a very long time to get everything back. Staten Island is in pretty bad condition too at the moment. Probably even worse than Queens, so I'm even grateful I'm not in their position.

I didn't mean to come off self-righteous or anything - I was just trying to point out the condition of other parts of Queens but it does sound a bit like a rant which really wasn't what I meant.

Thanks,
Frank