View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2012
AyA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein View Post
Unpaid slavery?

Hardly.

Being an intern is voluntary. You can quit any time.

Being an intern is an opportunity to get an education without spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a worthless piece of paper - and having a shot a starting a career.

Did you have an experience as an intern where you felt "ripped off"? Maybe you should look to yourself - if you don't exhibit a positive attitude and show attention to detail in your menial tasks why should they ever trust you with something important? If you can't even clean a toilet why would they trust you to clean a $100,000 tape machine? If you have a sulky, resentful attitude when you bring the coffee, why would they want your attitude in the control room or anywhere with half a mile of a client?

No body has ever asked me to get them a hot drink... I just don't look like that type of person...

I look like the type of person you don't want to see with a hot drink in their hands... Because I am that kind of person...

All jittery and edgy, looking sideways, about to run cry fight and **** at the same time as fall asleep grinning...

You advertising for workers? I just might apply.