View Single Post
Old 18th August 2012
Lives for gear

I have finally gotten around to testing the OUTPUTS of the my experiment with my 'super modded" very custom ADA8000 with Linear Technology op amps.

The LT's sound great SPECTACULAR but the channels are reversed in pairs 1 is 2 and 2 is 1, 3 is 4 and 4 is 3, 5 is 6 and 6 is 5, 7 is 8 and 8 is seven. Also channel 8 is not working.

NOW, BLA was nice enough to do this experiment of mine. SO.... BIG TIME KUDOS to them. They also did it on the condition that it it may NOT work perfectly as it was a bit of an experiment to them as well. BLA did great work.

Also, I understand that LT's quality control is not the greatest - so often, the op amps ordered are duds. I tried to order the fully tested versions but they were out of those. I am not sure of the problem here but I am going to try another set of opamps on the outputs. So replacing the LT1359 quads with another quad.
Show replies