View Single Post
Old 20th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilision View Post
Exactly, Paul MCartney isn't one of the richest musicians to walk the planet, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd aren't the best selling bands ever. Go back to sleep dude! Check your facts out, LOL....

(FWIW, I think a lot of the other artists up there are excellent too, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Queen, The Stones, AC/DC etc. ...just those are my personal favorites of popular music.)
every one of these bands or artists were at the forefront of popular music in their time. if you think they weren't chasing sales and singles to get to where they ended up, you're even more naive than i thought. (just forget the blouse altogether man... we've already seem 'em!)

micheal jackson alone, the undisputed heavyweight king of radio pop, has outsold every single one.

(also, you conveniently left out lots of top selling artists that you don't happen to like: whitney houston, bee-gees, shania twain, mariah carey, celine dion, backstreet boys, madonna, spice girls... etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilision View Post
Good isn't subjective actually... McDonald's is popular...but if you think that is good food, you don't know what you're talking about; get it?
no, you're still not getting it. we're not talking about whether you personally think mcdonald's is good or not, we're talking about mcdonald's having the right to exist, not be exploited, and enjoy the same protections under the law, no matter what your personal opinion happens to be. you're still confusing your opinion with some sort of fact or basis for an arguement. they're not the same.