View Single Post
Old 19th July 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowood101 View Post
Don't know if it was based on money, but you do need resources to fuel a movement. But who knows, doubt any movement can be exactly about one thing.

I agree it is really sad to see so many people's hard work, to build music wasted. You can only hope to see it turn around I guess and personally don't see it being turned around until the rampant theft is dealt with. Then maybe we will be able to find a solution, but who knows, I don't have my crystal ball right now ha.

Like I said the saddest thing is that it seems a lot of the thought (anti-major label) has caught on 10 years late. But those ideas are aimed at the wrong people today. In my opinion those ideals should be aimed at everyone taking advantage of artists these days and not aimed at the majors. Basically there is worst evils these days.
I honestly think there are worse things happening in the industry these days than piracy, and I don't think it's holding back indie bands at all. If anything, i think smart use of the net and all the positives and negatives that come along with it Helps to breed a smarter and more loyal fan base, but i know that i'm in the minority with that opinion.

I always find it funny when i think of the whole anti-establishment thing, because it always seems to of kicked in ten years too late no matter who you talk to and what generation they're talkimg about.

I think part of the problem now is that bands that are railing against the machine (Radiohead and NiN for example) aren't marketed towards a younger crowd, whereas previous "protest" music was specifically aimed at a younger crowd.