View Single Post
Old 19th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilision View Post
...I am in no way defending modern tech-companies. If you want to make out that I am, knock yourself out.
i'd have to argue that you're the only one knocking yourself out to come across as a tech defender. you claim to understand the danger of the tech industry, but your stance on both copyright and record labels contradict this supposed understanding. (just trying to help you get it straight. ) there's nothing complex or nuanced about these subjects. you either get it or you don't.

whether you realize it or not, your naive crusade against evil "record labels" and uninformed commentary on copyright plays right into the tech industry's oft repeated mantras and dogma. you're regurgitating their bogus case for them... so make up your mind.

if you want to comment and be taken seriously on these topics, do some actual research beyond the first hits you get on google, for a start... your personal taste and ignorance of the laws you're trying to argue against only show you for what you really are at present: just another peanut-gallery expert among millions.

Quote:
Re modern pop-music: do you have any idea how much money the bands I just mentioned in my last post have made for themselves AND record labels? It's in the industry's interest to make music that good; it's actually more profitable!
the naiveté that was poking out of your cute little blouse a few posts back has graduated to a full on flash and jiggle!... not only are you DEAD WRONG about what has brought home the most bacon where music sales are concerned, for the last time: "good" is subjective, we're discussing FACTS here sparky, not your almighty personal taste. (that you continue to believe the rest of the human race should be obliged to share... or else suffer the consequences they so clearly deserve for not listening to "dark side of the moon" on repeat for the last 40 years!)

Quote:
…of course time is running out, and the tech companies most certainly have the upper hand.
and there you go being confused again. do you support tech rape, or want to fight it? it's that simple.