View Single Post
Old 12th July 2012
Gear Guru
Ethan Winer's Avatar


I got your email, thanks for posting this here.

Those slatted walls in the control room are probably "diffsorbers," meaning they diffuse by alternating reflecting and absorbing surfaces. This is not as effective as deep QRD diffusers, but it's a good type of treatment for the side walls. The front wall doesn't usually benefit much from treatment:

Front Wall Absorption

You can use a mirror or math calculations to find reflection points:

Early Reflections

In most situations the side-wall reflection points are about halfway between you and the speakers. For ceilings they're exactly halfway unless the ceiling is angled.

Your other questions about bass trap placement can be found all over this forum, or read this short article:

Acoustic Basics


The Acoustic Treatment Experts