View Single Post
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockstarWizkidd View Post
I've heard that ribbon tweeters can be deceptively pleasant (aka, poor translation)? That's not substantiated by personal experience, just something I've heard. Also, not that it's a big deal, but I read as many threads on monitors in this range as I could, and I never heard a Prodipe anything recommended before? Can you at least qualify "better... by quite a bit?" I really don't want the HS series, aside from aesthetics, I've heard terrible things about build quality and RF interference. Once again, total heresay, but there's no way for me to test a D5 in person, so I'm looking to GS to say yay or nay? Anybody have good or bad experiences with the D5, or have substantiated reasons to pick on monitor in the $ range over another? Any monitors that I definately should not buy? Anybody?
I think you will have a hard time finding another pair of monitors for $300 that are as balanced. If you have a $1000, you should consider several others... look at the DynAudios... fantastic monitors and if you`re room is balanced, they are good enough for MEs so...

Whatever the case, the D5s deserve a listen as well. For $300, they`re a steal.