View Single Post
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Nut

hey I've done it

so yesterday was the day....

actually everything didn't go smooothly, as usual lol, forgot cables, mics not working etc so we didn't have a lot of time to experiment, but the result is not too bad I guess a part from the room noise...

well anyway here is a sample (no processing a part from some gain...)

http://www.darksite.ch/donutsbadtrip...es-lalanza.mp3

some mid 18th century music

so now let's talk some more heh

I had quite some gain problem, now I really have to get a premium high gain low noise...with my fw1884 I couldn't push the preamps more because at 8/10th of maximum gain it gets noisy...so when the harpsichord is playing it's maxing out at -33db and when there was applause and the singer it was at -12, now that is dynamic! so maybe I woudn't even need more gain.....
hmmm I just retested and it's more at 6/10th, maybe noise was added from them damn it...ok I'm quite sure now :(((((( I need a real preamp..and money

in this clip I cheated on the applause at the end, which you can hear easily...how do you guys go 'roud this?

for the sound well I'm waiting for some comments ;P

for myself I think there is quite a lot of ambiance but it could be okay if there was less standing/ground/room noise(hmm how do you call that)
the harpsichord is quite mono with the verb making it take place...maybe a bit off center to the right
again maxbe some will say it lacks some body...hmm dunno how I could improve that, just a little boost at 130 and it gets some more body but also more crap...mic placement hmm
ok I'm looking forward for you guys comments ;)